fbpx

Reply: PASSED PMP Exam March 6th AT/AT/AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED PMP Exam March 6th AT/AT/AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 days ago #26835

Markus Kopko

Congratulations Mary and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus
3 years 2 weeks ago #26620

Stan Po - Admin

Mary,

Congratulations on passing your exam! We appreciate that you took the time to write to us and share your success. It always makes our day to hear from one of our customers that they passed the exam. We are glad to know that our products have helped you on this journey. Thank you, and best of luck in all your future endeavors.
3 years 2 weeks ago #26612

Mary Soliman

Hi!
I'm so thrilled to have passed my PMP exam this past Saturday. For me, the main contributors to my success were:
1. Rita's 10th edition - it doesn't read terribly different than 9th edition but does highlight key differences on how to apply concepts to Agile. Don't memorize - understand. Knowing where you are in the process is 80% of the battle in sorting through the answer choices.
2. Agile Practice Guide - read/study cover-to-cover. There was a surprising number of Agile/Hybrid/"Tailoring" type questions -- 40%+ of the exam
3. Prepcast Exam Simulator - I worked in both times and quiz modes as home circumstances didn't quite allow to tackle a full length. I started at 10qs per session and worked my way up to 40qs. I did about ~500 questions in all and started in the 60% range and worked my way up to the 80% range. I made sure to regularly uses exam statistics to home in on my weaknesses, reread those chapters and then laser focus quizzes to be on those specific Process Groups/Knowledge Areas.

Notes about the exam itself:
I opted to take it in-person as I’ve worked home for long enough to know that I can’t trust my internet provider. I was quite comfortable with the procedures that Pearson had in place.

Overall, time management is critical. The exam is split into 3 sets of 60 questions, but the exam clock is for the whole exam. It felt like an examination of your actual management skills to pace yourself and leave an appropriate amount of time for each section. A lot of the questions are situational that require parsing out of critical information vs. fluff. Make generous use of the highlight lets you glance at what the question is actually asking instead of having to read again. Always think through the question with the assumption that proper Project Management has taken/is taking place.

Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login