fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam on 11/10/09

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam on 11/10/09

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 3 months ago #1142

Conrado Cuevas

Monique,

Congratulations!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It'll surely help others preparing for the exam.

Best regards,
Conrado
OSP International LLC
14 years 3 months ago #1138

Monique Brown

I am very proud to say that I passed the PMP exam on Nov. 10. I studied very hard for the test from about August until exam day (I took a few weeks off for vacation).

I used the following tools:
1. PMBOK
2. PMP PrepCast
3. Head First PMP
4. PMP Exam Prep (Rita Mulcahy)

My study plan was to read the PMBOK and take notes...ok so I was really confused. Then I planned to read PMP Exam Prep to fill in the blanks where I was a little lost. This helped a lot as I was really getting a true understanding for the material. I used the PMP PrepCast to ensure I understood the material. I would listen as I worked out at the gym and when I would go running. I quickly realized that this would not work very well for me, as I needed to take notes as I listened to the Prepcast. I used the Head First PMP towards the end of my studying. I should have started here...This book made things really easy to understand and the test and activites were great.

If anyone is out there is considering purchasing the prepcast, I would highly recommend it, as I believe it contributed to my success. I would also highly recommend setting your exam data ASAP as this helps set a target for you. I know Cornelius suggested this as well.

Thanks.
Monique

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login