fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26530

• Anand Goenka
  • Anand Goenka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello all,

Delighted to share that I cleared my PMP Exam this morning.

I did join a 5 day training thru one of the ATP from 18-22 Jan. I then subscribed to PM PrepCast Exam Simulator in last week of Jan and then started going thru the quizzes. I learned and worked on my shortcoming from the explanations and the pointers provided by the prepcast. I covered 75% of the questions in the prepcast. I skipped the PMP Exam 5 (ITTO) as part of my calculated risk and i didn't regret it.

I found the 4 full PMP Exam simulator very helpful as it covered the right proportion of predictive and adaptive questions. i scored between 70 - 80% for all the 4 Exams in my first attempt.

Do prepare your own notes by going thru the answer explanation as i found that as the best way to learn and clear your doubt.

All the best.

Anand

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26531

• Markus Kopko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus
"Management is about doing the things right;
Leadership is about doing the right things!" (Peter Tucker)

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26535

• Murtaza Sheikh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Anand. It's a great achievement.

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26536

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Anand,

Congratulations on passing the exam!
Can you please clarify the following questions?

- After taking the PMP training, did the provider give you 200 PMP questions from PMI? How beneficial do you think were those questions in passing the exam? Do you think that you could have passed without practicing those 200 questions?
- When you were solving the questions in prepcast simulator, did you only read the explanation/pointers that were given in the simulator OR you also reviewed the corresponding topics in the given reference material like PMBOK or any other book/material?
- Did you read PMBOK and/or any other book/material before attempting to solve the questions/quizzes and mock exams in the prepcast simulator?
- Did you encounter any ITTO related or formula related questions (CPI/SPI, PV, EVM, EVA) which would have required you to use calculator?

Once again, congrats on your achievement!

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26541

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Many congrats Anand!!!

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26545

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Anand,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed my PMP exam on 2nd Mar 2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26548

• Anand Goenka
  • Anand Goenka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
- After taking the PMP training, did the provider give you 200 PMP questions from PMI? How beneficial do you think were those questions in passing the exam? Do you think that you could have passed without practicing those 200 questions? [AG] No, i didn't receive the 200 questions. I contacted PMI multiple times for those 200 questions and received different responses from the call centre agent and finally give up. Prepcast PMP Exam questions will serve your purpose.
- When you were solving the questions in prepcast simulator, did you only read the explanation/pointers that were given in the simulator OR you also reviewed the corresponding topics in the given reference material like PMBOK or any other book/material? [AG] The explanation provided in Prepcast is very detailed and i didn't go thru the PMBOK.
- Did you read PMBOK and/or any other book/material before attempting to solve the questions/quizzes and mock exams in the prepcast simulator? [AG] I read only the Agile chapters in the PMBOK. But i will suggest to read the PMBOK if you new to Project Management.
- Did you encounter any ITTO related or formula related questions (CPI/SPI, PV, EVM, EVA) which would have required you to use calculator? [AG] not really, if you know the concepts you can answer all the questions.

All the very best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMP Aspirant, Shruthi S
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login