fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned from old PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned from old PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #26247

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Bojan!

Thank you for sharing your Lesson Learned.
3 years 3 months ago #26232

Bojan Eric

Hello everybody,

below you can find what I would do if I had to study again (passed with 5x AT and finished 30min earlier). I took the old exam, but I think the approach for studying can be similar.

0) Read this Reddit every day while studying (the experience reports from other exam takers help a lot): www.reddit.com/r/pmp/

1) Watch the Vargas Video before you start reading a book. After this video I completely understood the connection between all process groups and knowledge areas:

2) Read a book twice (I used Rita and did all useful exercises while reading the book for the first time and answered all the questions (~400) when reading the book for the second time – but reading second time was more skimming)

3) Do the official PMP practice exam (I scored 67% - the result was a wake-up call to study more) - it is very close to the real exam in term of how questions are formulated

4) Practice questions. I bought Prepcast and did more than 1000 questions. I always took 10-20 questions and then reviewed the correct and incorrect ones. This is where I learned the most. The explanations from Prepcast are great and I really liked that the explanations are directly under the questions (so you can study very efficient since you don’t have to read the PMBook for the explanation). On Prepcast I had 81% correct on first attempt.

5) Retake the PMP Practice exam (second time I scored 83%)

6) Practice to use the white board if you take the exam online: home.pearsonvue.com/Standalone-pages/Whiteboard.aspx

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login