fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons Learned from old PMP exam

Lessons Learned from old PMP exam 3 years 2 months ago #26232

• Bojan Eric
  • Bojan Eric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody,

below you can find what I would do if I had to study again (passed with 5x AT and finished 30min earlier). I took the old exam, but I think the approach for studying can be similar.

0) Read this Reddit every day while studying (the experience reports from other exam takers help a lot): www.reddit.com/r/pmp/

1) Watch the Vargas Video before you start reading a book. After this video I completely understood the connection between all process groups and knowledge areas:

2) Read a book twice (I used Rita and did all useful exercises while reading the book for the first time and answered all the questions (~400) when reading the book for the second time – but reading second time was more skimming)

3) Do the official PMP practice exam (I scored 67% - the result was a wake-up call to study more) - it is very close to the real exam in term of how questions are formulated

4) Practice questions. I bought Prepcast and did more than 1000 questions. I always took 10-20 questions and then reviewed the correct and incorrect ones. This is where I learned the most. The explanations from Prepcast are great and I really liked that the explanations are directly under the questions (so you can study very efficient since you don’t have to read the PMBook for the explanation). On Prepcast I had 81% correct on first attempt.

5) Retake the PMP Practice exam (second time I scored 83%)

6) Practice to use the white board if you take the exam online: home.pearsonvue.com/Standalone-pages/Whiteboard.aspx
Last edit: by Bojan Eric.

Lessons Learned from old PMP exam 3 years 2 months ago #26247

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Bojan!

Thank you for sharing your Lesson Learned.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login