fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed in December 2020

Passed in December 2020 3 years 3 months ago #26166

• Sayani Paul
  • Sayani Paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I started planning to take the PMP exam in mid of 2020. Bought the PMBOK guide book to start preparing first. However, had to pause the preparation due to work commitments. By November, I realised I had lost considerable time and if I had to pass the exam with the old format in 2020, I needed to devote my entire time and effort in the few remaining weeks. That's when I found PM Prep Cast. I immediately enrolled for the material for PM Prep Cast and the exam simulator and followed the guideline of which materials to study in short time. Went through all the "Required" and "Recommended" course material in PM Prep Cast. Also made my notes from the PM Prep Cast materials to refer to them during revision. I solely focussed on the PM Prep Cast lessons and the quizzes and full length exams for my preparation. It took me 5-6 weeks for the preparation. I took the exam at the end of December and passed it at the first attempt.

Some of the things that I learned during my exam preparation which I would want to share is PM Prep Cast helped me a lot with the guided course content and emphasised on how to interpret the exam questions correctly. PMBOK guide is a good reference but you would need more focussed approach for cracking the PMP exam which PM Prep Cast provides completely. One of the critical points to keep in mind for PMP exam is the length of the exam which is 4 hrs. I prepared myself to sit through the 4 hrs at a stretch with many mock full length exams. The shorter time based and learning based quizzes also helped when I didn't have time for a full length exam.

I opted for online proctored exam from home. Though my internet connection was quite good, the exam got interrupted once just after 20 mins after starting. I contacted the proctor through chat and they helped me to restart the exam from the same place where it stopped. However, it took some time to restart the exam. Also if you are one of the people like me who tend to lip read the questions and answers, you might be stopped by the proctor. This is something which you would need to refrain from doing in an online proctored exam. Also, I had a renovation work going on in my upstairs neighbours apartment which caused considerable noise during my exam. If I had known all these issues, I would have preferred to take the exam in the Pearson Vue exam venue itself. However, the exam went well and I passed!

All the best for your exam!

Passed in December 2020 3 years 3 months ago #26169

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Sayani!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially the point about lip reading.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login