fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam in December 2020 – 3rd attempt

Passed Exam in December 2020 – 3rd attempt 3 years 2 months ago #26145

• Nora Beckmann
  • Nora Beckmann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
First of all – yes it was the 3rd attempt. After 2 failed exam in 2019, caused by less study time, poor planning and daily business. I only consumed the stuff, lose the focus and put myself under pressure.

One year later, I decide to take the last try - final exam in 2020. With new and fresh Material:
• PMP Exam Prep Guide, Premium
• PM Prep Cast, inkl. PM Exam Simulator, www.pm-prepcast.com
• PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
• PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, fifth Edition - Joseph Philips

Study Plan
The PMP Exam is of course a Project! So, I create a project plan.
- A 6 week overall project plan in order to all PMBOK Knowledge areas.
- I planned a daily learning routine and finally the pre-exam phase (2-3 Weeks).
Every day in the morning I make a 15 min brain dump sheet with all important formulas and the 49 Project Management Processes.
After that I read the Knowledge Area in the PMBOK Chapter and then watch the Similar Tutorial PM Prep Cast.
At the next day (!) I read the last Topics in the similar chapter in my Study Guide book. After each chapter I take the short exam in the Book.
That worked perfectly for me and was very motivating to familiarize myself with the topics the next. Why? Because sleeping is a vital part of our learning process.
In addition, I plan every week one day off to relax my brain! On Sunday there is no PMP, no Videos, no formulas, and no processes!

Pre-Visit on Test Centre
One week left to the Exam. I visit to the Test Centre to get familiar with the traffic, parking situation and test environment. You have to wear a face-mask all the time during you sit for the exam.
Yes, on the full exam simulation at home I’m wear a face-mask too. You cannot take e deep breath so you have to make it normal in this situation. If it’s possible choose a lightweight surgery-facemask!

Intensive Pre-Exam Phase
The strongest and in - depth learning came from review the questions. For me it was important to review all questions!
The right answers – why did I get this right? Did I know the answer or was it a lucky guess? That give me an in-depth understanding.

This take a lot of time. If you take a full exam simulation of 4 h and then review all question took also a long time. Plan this time into your overall plan and focus on the questions. In overall I did
- 2 full exam simulation, review (!)
- 6 timed quizzes, 40-50 Questions, review (!)
- 4 learning quizzes, 10-30 Questions, review (!)
- Study Book, 25 Questions at the end on each Chapter, and 13 Chapter, review (!)

Day Off
Sunday - The last day before the exam. Make absolutely nothing for PMP! Go for a walk, talking with friends and only relax.

Exam Day
Hygienic check-in and introduction from the staff. Exam at the test centre, with paper and pen and a calculator. Quick tutorial. Start!
After 89 question there is a 10 minute break. You have time to review the first 89 questions. After the break you cannot review the Questions from the first part again.
You find very similar question on the exam if you studying with the simulator. This is really a must and the best training.

Summary
- the Prepcast helps to understand the most relevant topics and the connection between the processes and the PMBOK content
- studying first, then focus the last weeks on the exam simulator
- don’t underestimate the time you need to review the questions
- review all questions (!) That helps to deepen your knowledge in specific topic

Don’t be afraid to fail once or twice! Now, you have the head start and the experience how it works. Analyse what went wrong and be honest and adjust it. Create an environment that support you and plan your journey, with all risks and risk responses. With the Prep Cast you will feel well prepared on the real exam.
The Prep cast was the best investment for me. I passed the exam on the 3rd attempt. Above target!

Passed Exam in December 2020 – 3rd attempt 3 years 2 months ago #26151

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Nora!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login