fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam 2 months ago and the PM Podcasts really helped!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam 2 months ago and the PM Podcasts really helped!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #26131

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, James!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned.
3 years 3 months ago #26125

James W Porter

's Avatar

I had been studying haphazardly for the last year or so. I even took a boot camp on April but was only doing "70ish" on the practice exams. I finally got serious, made a schedule, and went through EVERY SINGLE PODCAST over the 4 weeks before my test. I also took a practice exam every 5 or so days. After each test, I used the exam feedback and re-listened to the podcasts that I scored lowest on. By a few days before my exam date, my score was in the mid 80s. This gave me the confidence I needed for the test. From my perspective, the real test was maybe slightly harder than the practice exams.

Boot camps are good because they put a gun to your head and "make you sit in front of a screen for 35 hours in a single week. That's great, if you can block off the time. I was able to fit the PM Podcasts into my schedule. Also, the presentations are very clear.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login