fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned from Rick

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned from Rick

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #25978

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Rick!

Thank you for sharing your lessons learned.
3 years 2 months ago #25973

Rick Johnson

's Avatar

One of the best programs I have come across for the PMP exam has been this PM PrepCast. I have had the benefit of beginning my studying a while back but got side tracked due to family deaths and did not take the exam before. When I was able to return, it was for the newer exam. I purchased this study program twice due to updated information and was very happy with the outcome. My study consisted of videos and mock questions. Both served a great purpose for me, but the exam simulator was the main study item that got me past the finish line. The questions were so intense that they taught me how to properly read situational questions, which further exposed my weak areas that needed more attention. I found that I could then begin to measure my current knowledge of specific areas and gaps, whether it be in select process groups and associated processes, or simply not understanding the overall thinking process necessary to select the best answers. Over the duration of my studying, I progressively found myself getting better and better at identifying the correct answers due to spending adequate time to analyze my gaps against the baseline of what is considered correct and equating to passing. I learned that I needed to spend time on why my answers were wrong even when they were correct in most any other case. That is what the exam is about; learning what is the best answer out of other answers that may also be correct.

It is because of this exam writing that the exam questions can be complex and part of the rationale as to why the overall exam is difficult. What it comes down to is for a candidate to be more than simply somewhat familiar with the PM framework or even the process groups. This exam is bounded around an individual having the full knowledge of what the PRACTICE of project management is relative to the PMI. This means that one must not guess on more than a few questions. You must know when, why, how, and where something takes place; many times, in sequence out of what is presented. I learned very quickly due to these questions that a candidate will only have a fighting chance at passing if you become experienced at the full practice framework and its inner workings through question and answer analyses and truly learning it from a skilled project manager’s perspective. When I reached this platua, I started scoring higher passing percentages during the mock exams. Fortunately, it all paid off when I passed the exam on my first attempt with no areas needing improvement on my exam score report. In fact, I was just about at above target on the full overall exam. It was wonderful to see that congratulations screen at the end of my exam! I wish those of you who still need to take the exam blessings, and you can do it!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login