fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed My PMP exam on 23 December

Passed My PMP exam on 23 December 3 years 3 months ago #25571

• Azizur Rahaman
  • Azizur Rahaman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Alhumdullilah I passed the exam on 23 December and feeling great. I am very thankful to Cornelius Fichtner and his entire prepcast team. You guys have done a good job specially the explanation for questions in simulator. I am also very grateful to my family who as supported during my whole certification journey.
I used the following study plan and aids:
PMBOK guide
PMP Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy
The Prepcast podcast and
PM Exam simulator
I started out by reading PMP Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy and attempted all the question in the book. I scored around 65% in all the questions (around 400) then did the introduction or overview podcasts of all knowledge areas first. Then I covered the podcast videos by the process groups. I prepare some notes also.
Finally, I read the PMBOK and prepare some notes as well.
My average score for first time correct question was around 65%. I develop my thought process the way it was given the explanation the simulator questions and thought the same way before answering the questions on my real exam.
I attempted all 8 simulator exams and scored as mentioned below.
PMP Exam 1: 62.5%
PMP Exam 2: 60.5%
PMP Exam 3: 75.5%
PMP Exam 4: 81%
PMP Exam 5: 65% (due to some emergency I have to finish the exam in 3 hours)
PMP Exam 6: 56.5% (due to some emergency I have to finish the exam in 3 hours and not attempted all the questions)
PMP Exam 7: 81%
PMP Exam 8 (ITTO): 63.3% (It find it very difficult and kept it for 3-4 days before exam)

I make sure to revise all the questions after simulator exam. I also make sure to understand the reasoning for the correct answer. Many time my answer was correct but my reason was wrong.
I was having some difficulty for starting the exam but once it worked I did not find any problem.
Some questions were VERY difficult and confusing and some were too easy. Some questions were vague. There were a lot of questions on developing / managing virtual teams. I had 3-4 earned value questions 2 network diagrams. My planning question was very difficult and felt 2 correct answers. Then I saw the Congratulations message and I prostrate to Almighty and filled the required survey. I celebrated with my family and friends. I got my digital certificate from PMI on 24 December. My family is very happy specially my wife and my daughter for two reason, 1. I have achieved my PMP and secondly I will be able to give them more time.

One of very good fried of fine had suggested prepcast am very thankful to him. I am very satisfied with the quality standard of videos and questions which help me in my PMP certification journey. I recommend to use both the tools from perpcast to everyone. Thank you.
If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Passed My PMP exam on 23 December 3 years 2 months ago #25672

• Lisa Sweeney PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
Congratulations, Azizur!

I agree with much of what you said, particularly about starting with the PMBOK Guide. I'm also pleased to see you used the PM Exam Simulator. I had success with that PrepCast tool, as well.

Like you, I encountered many vague, situational questions on my exam which left out PMBOK terms. Yes, they were difficult and confusing.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, PM Podcast and the PDU Podcast. These will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful.

Hope you enjoy the New Year with your family, Azizur Rahaman, PMP!

Passed My PMP exam on 23 December 3 years 2 months ago #25673

• Azizur Rahaman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login