fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam in the 2nd try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam in the 2nd try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25460

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations on your great achievement, Gayan!
3 years 3 months ago #25427

Gayan Premaratne

I hope this lessons learned will help someone in the similar initial mindset to pass the exam without having to try again.

I initially sat for the exam in late September 2020 with ~2 months preparation. I only used PMBOK and Linda.com learning platform on Linkedin learning and thought I could clear the exam. I was wrong and I failed.

I never gave up! I wanted to clear the exam somehow before the changes become effective from January 2021. So I scheduled the exam for the 3rd week of December 2020 even though I had less than 2 months to prepare while managing a full-time job and a family.

This time I went all in. I listened to podcasts, studies ~3h on average everyday, made careful notes on every knowledge area (It was easy for me than following Process Groups). Most importantly I invested on the right mock exams (PM PrepCast), which built my confidence in understanding the questions really well. I did 20 questions by knowledge area and process groups before I did 3 timed full exams. I scored 76%, 82% and 86%, progressively and it assured me by the last week that I am ready (As Mr. Fichtner has advised).

Even though the questions in my 2nd PMP exam were quite lengthy compared to my 1st attempt, I was able to get to the core of it easily, thanks to the mock exams I did using PM Prep Cast. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is aiming to sit for the PMP exam as I am sure they will update the question banks in accordance with the changes that PMI are going to make starting from 2021.

Thank you!

-Gayan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login