fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP exam in the 2nd try!

Passed the PMP exam in the 2nd try! 3 years 4 months ago #25427

• Gayan Premaratne
  • Gayan Premaratne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I hope this lessons learned will help someone in the similar initial mindset to pass the exam without having to try again.

I initially sat for the exam in late September 2020 with ~2 months preparation. I only used PMBOK and Linda.com learning platform on Linkedin learning and thought I could clear the exam. I was wrong and I failed.

I never gave up! I wanted to clear the exam somehow before the changes become effective from January 2021. So I scheduled the exam for the 3rd week of December 2020 even though I had less than 2 months to prepare while managing a full-time job and a family.

This time I went all in. I listened to podcasts, studies ~3h on average everyday, made careful notes on every knowledge area (It was easy for me than following Process Groups). Most importantly I invested on the right mock exams (PM PrepCast), which built my confidence in understanding the questions really well. I did 20 questions by knowledge area and process groups before I did 3 timed full exams. I scored 76%, 82% and 86%, progressively and it assured me by the last week that I am ready (As Mr. Fichtner has advised).

Even though the questions in my 2nd PMP exam were quite lengthy compared to my 1st attempt, I was able to get to the core of it easily, thanks to the mock exams I did using PM Prep Cast. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is aiming to sit for the PMP exam as I am sure they will update the question banks in accordance with the changes that PMI are going to make starting from 2021.

Thank you!

-Gayan

Passed the PMP exam in the 2nd try! 3 years 4 months ago #25460

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations on your great achievement, Gayan!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login