fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on 1st Attempt - Study Plan, Lessons Learned & Tips

Passed PMP on 1st Attempt - Study Plan, Lessons Learned & Tips 3 years 3 months ago #25254

• Yoana Ivanova
  • Yoana Ivanova's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Lovely People
On Monday, I passed the PMP exam on my first attempt.
Now, I would like to share with you my stud materials, study plan, lessons learned and tips. I hope that they may be helpful to somebody.
Study materials:
• PMPrepCast Videos
• PMPrepCast Simulator
• PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
• One day before my exam, I found by coincidence the great video of Ricardo Vargas explaining the PMBOK Guide.
I also downloaded two mobile apps on my phone, but they were complete waste of time and money - most of the questions were incorrect and the style was inconsistent.

Study Plan:
• I spent one month only reading the PMBOK Guide. Once finished, I did the entry test of PMPrepCast that has around 100 questions.
• Afterwards, I spent a month of watching all of the PMPrepCast videos and taking detailed notes. After I finished a knowledge area, I immediately did the control test to check my level of knowledge.
• 6 weeks before my exam, I did a study plan: I was reviewing 2 knowledge areas per week, re-taking the test from the PrepCast per area and doing a full exam on a Sunday. I reviewed each each wrong and marked question on my exams.
• 2 days before my exam, I did the ITTO exam to make a solid review.
• 1 day before the exam, I watched Ricardo Vargas video and reviewed all of the tools & techniques. The rest of the day I spent relaxing.

Lessons Learned & Tips:
• I realized quite late that it is better to study by process group rather than knowledge area. I think that it would have been easier for me if I have studied this way.
• Studying only with the PMBOK Guide and PMPrepCast is completely sufficient preparation to pass the exam.
• If you can’t understand a chart or diagram, just google it for visuals – it really helps to remember what is an Ishikawa diagram (for example) once you see it
• Do the PMI Mock exam, but don’t panic! It is very likely that the results will be lower than on the exams in the Simulator. However, take only the positives – review the questions and build strategies for the real exam.
• It doesn’t matter if you take the 10min break on the exam, because you still won’t be able to review the first 89 questions after you accept / decline the break. I personally did not take the break and I had 55 mins left in the end of the exam.
• Practicing resilience is very important. The full-length exams in the PrepCast help build one.
• On the real PMP exam, you can strikethrough and highlight words / answers, so practice to strikethrough with the Simulator exams.

I wish everybody luck! Stay healthy!

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Alvis, Tanya Keyser

Passed PMP on 1st Attempt - Study Plan, Lessons Learned & Tips 3 years 3 months ago #25457

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Yoana!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login