fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP, first try, all ATs and it is a happy surprise

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP, first try, all ATs and it is a happy surprise

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #25159

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations Aimee! That’s great news.
3 years 4 months ago #25148

Aimee Norman

I am a horrible test taker and have test anxiety. Here was my path:
2018 I took a class at Cal Berkeley Extension Program in Introduction to Project Management and passed.
My goal to get my PMP went on hold as I was laid off summer of 2019
I was laid off again due to Covid-19 in Spring of 2020
I took the PrepCast hybrid classes and followed the Study Coach Guides
I filled a whole binder with notes, I read the PMBOK and watched the videos prior to the live online classes.
I took a quiz based on the knowledge area after each class
I created a spreadsheet with separate columns for the knowledge area, key words, question concept, answer and notes
I studied the spreadsheet and started taking the practice exams using the spreadsheets as my study guides
After a practice exam and study session of the questions I missed, I took a couple of quizzes using the "questions I missed" or knowledge areas that I was struggling in to solidify my knowledge
When I felt confident in a concepts, I moved it to a separate spreadsheet.
I had an average practice exam score on all 7 of 82%, I did have a few drop down into the low 70s and panicked but got back on track with studying
I took the exam from home, my laptop was plugged into the router and the door to the room locked,
When I felt panic setting in, I closed my eyes and counted to 5 and told myself I was going to be a great Project Manager
I experienced some technical difficulties, I somehow lost the connection and the test was paused, I didn't lose any time or data. And yes, my heart dropped into my stomach.
I was relieved to find I passed and quite surprised to find that I had all Above Targets.
Best of luck to you all on this journey.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login