fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP, first try, all ATs and it is a happy surprise

Passed the PMP, first try, all ATs and it is a happy surprise 3 years 4 months ago #25148

• Aimee Norman
  • Aimee Norman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am a horrible test taker and have test anxiety. Here was my path:
2018 I took a class at Cal Berkeley Extension Program in Introduction to Project Management and passed.
My goal to get my PMP went on hold as I was laid off summer of 2019
I was laid off again due to Covid-19 in Spring of 2020
I took the PrepCast hybrid classes and followed the Study Coach Guides
I filled a whole binder with notes, I read the PMBOK and watched the videos prior to the live online classes.
I took a quiz based on the knowledge area after each class
I created a spreadsheet with separate columns for the knowledge area, key words, question concept, answer and notes
I studied the spreadsheet and started taking the practice exams using the spreadsheets as my study guides
After a practice exam and study session of the questions I missed, I took a couple of quizzes using the "questions I missed" or knowledge areas that I was struggling in to solidify my knowledge
When I felt confident in a concepts, I moved it to a separate spreadsheet.
I had an average practice exam score on all 7 of 82%, I did have a few drop down into the low 70s and panicked but got back on track with studying
I took the exam from home, my laptop was plugged into the router and the door to the room locked,
When I felt panic setting in, I closed my eyes and counted to 5 and told myself I was going to be a great Project Manager
I experienced some technical difficulties, I somehow lost the connection and the test was paused, I didn't lose any time or data. And yes, my heart dropped into my stomach.
I was relieved to find I passed and quite surprised to find that I had all Above Targets.
Best of luck to you all on this journey.

Passed the PMP, first try, all ATs and it is a happy surprise 3 years 4 months ago #25159

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations Aimee! That’s great news.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login