fbpx

Reply: Passes the PMP exam with overall AT on first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passes the PMP exam with overall AT on first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24827

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations on passing the exam and thank you for coming back to tell us about how it went.
3 years 4 months ago #24782

Xinhong Li

I passed the PMP exam on Nov. 24 at a test center with overall Above Target results on first attempt. PrepCast videos are great with highlighted project management concepts for each knowledge area from PMBOK Guide, and the extra concept, such as finance, quality, agile, etc. especially with Cornelius Fichtner's fun teaching style. I passed the PrepCast final exam and got the 35 contact hours for my application, it went smoothly to get the approval for qualify to take the exam. The PrepCast Simulator gave me the confident to take the PMP exam. I did the 4-hour mock exam on Friday afternoon once a week for 8 weeks, and reviewed the questions during the weekend, made error logs to see which part was my weak area, the answers were explained really well, and I could get more details with the reference PMBOK pages.
I also watched some YouTube videos, such as Aileen Ellis, and Nilotpal Ray, made the flash cards of 49 processes, ITTO, etc. and reviewed them frequently. The key is set up a plan, study, and practice.
I feel the PMP exam is at similar level as the simulator, the highlight and strike function are not as easier to use as the PrepCast, so I just hand written down the question numbers to be reviewed later, but I didn't have much time left to review those questions. It was better to practice the simulator with the first attempt (I normally set up 60 min for each 50 questions).
It was definitely a good self-study learning experience of the journey for PMP. Thanks the PM PrepCast professional team!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login