fbpx

Reply: High anxiety but 1st time pass, at a test center!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : High anxiety but 1st time pass, at a test center!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24739

Nina Tsai

Hi Ashwini,
Thanks! No, after the break, the 89 questions are gone. When you leave the test room, you can do anything. That would be a sort of cheating otherwise.. ;)
3 years 4 months ago #24729

Sergio Herrera

's Avatar

How was your experience wearing a face mask for four hours? I'm afraid of that, I mean I hope it's not a distractor
3 years 4 months ago #24723

Quick question

's Avatar

Hi Nina,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. Quick question. After you came back from your break, did the system allow you to review the first 89 questions you completed before the break?

Thanks,
Ashwini
3 years 4 months ago #24714

Nina Tsai

Started this summer to read the PMBOK along with the PrepCast videos for emphasis. Following the recommendations, I have also read Rita's reference. That's it!
This is my experience:
- Study by Process Groups, instead of Knowledge areas. Made so much more sense since.
- I'm a visual learner. I took immense amount of notes along the way. Made flashcards summarizing each chapter. Much more convenient to reference to than opening the PMBOK book.
- Hence, I've read the PMBOK 3 times: 1st along the videos, 2nd with heavy marking in the book, 3rd with flashcards making. My learning style!
- I read Rita's book along with my 1st reading. Definitely an easier read and makes a lot of senses. Though, confusing in understanding which are inputs or outputs. I didn't want to read it again because I followed the Process groups order and not by Knowledge areas.
- PrepCast quizzes Simulator: used the quizzes from my 1st reading to confirm my understanding of the chapter. Always timed, sets you up for thinking in an exam environment. Read the answers and the reasoning behind it, of the incorrect answered questions but also the correct ones, helps so much. Great details and reference back to the book. My book has been going through war really.
- PrepCast Exam Simulator: started using them after my 3rd reading. Took all 7 of them with an average of 80s. Reviewed all of them.
- Exam day at the center: extremely anxious, not a great player in exam taking. I went to the center because I observed how much I wriggle during the exam simulator (with my friend the anxiety). I didn't want any intervention with the at-home exam from the proctor. The center is very sanitary: upon check-in, they make you go to the bathroom to wash your hands. Then, check-in with ID. Hand sanitizer. Stand on the side with distance. The proctor will ask to check the physical from head to toe yourself (hair, mask, pockets, body) and another hand sanitizer use. One candidate in the room started coughing bad; the proctor stepped in immediately to remove the candidate temporarily.
You have an optional break after the 89th question, which may catch you off guard in your momentum. Though, with the exam simulator, you should have an idea how much time you'd take to answer all the questions. I took the break, stepped out and took a breather from the anxiety. Stepped back in following the same sanitary measures. Completed my exam and PASSED ! What a relief!
Thank you to the ones sharing their experiences here and PrepCast for providing the tools to prepare to the best.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login