fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam 1st Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam 1st Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24684

Taye

thanks much appreciated!! Congratulations!
3 years 4 months ago #24678

Joe

I passed my exam in my 1st attempt on 11-20-20 with 3 Above Targets and 2 Targets and I did not read the PMBOK.
I went through a PMP exam prep course in Sept of 2019, but I didn’t get very much out of it except that it was highly recommended to use the PM Prepcast Simulator. After that course, I didn’t study anything until Oct 13th of this year when I decided that I needed to get my PMP before the exam changed. I started out listening to the audiobook, PMP Exam Prep Scenario and Knowledge Based Questions and Answers by Andrew Ramdayal as I drove in to work a few days a week. This seemed to help me learn critical parts of the PMBOK as I would try to answer the questions. I also found the PM Certification Prep course by Sandra Mitchell on LinkedIn Learning and went through it. Sandra does a great job explaining how the processes and ITTOs work together in a project. I would go through 1 knowledge area each night after work and I would also do a couple of 10-20 question timed quizzes . My highest score was a 90 and my lowest was a 40. I kept reading that you needed to score 70% to 80% to be able to pass the exam so I was a little nervous when I averaged my scores of all the quizzes I had taken and I was at 60%. I never took a 200 question exam, but I felt like the exam simulator helped me in my study as I would go back through the questions I missed and would read why the correct answer was correct and why the answer I chose was wrong. I also felt like the simulator was more difficult than the real exam. As far as taking the exam, I took it online and the experience was great. I spoke to the proctor at the beginning of the exam tutorial and did not hear anything else from him.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login