fbpx

Reply: Passed with 5x ATs today!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed with 5x ATs today!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24625

Sauir

's Avatar

Congratulation on passing your PMP exam!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I would like to clarify again, would you mind comparing what seems more similar to the exam questions, Rita or PrepCast? Just started my journey seriousy and yes, I belive i shall study both, but what to expect will increase my confidence and your reply will be appreciated )
3 years 4 months ago #24609

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

First of all, congrats.

Can you please explain the initial check-in process? Do you send the photos of the room (each side) via your cell phone?

Also, did you chat with the proctor before going out of the room during the break? Did he/she tell you to do the check-in process again once you come back?

Did you stretch your arms during the exam or support your chin with one hand? I hope the proctor will ignore it. I have this habit of supporting my chin.

Also, I believe, you will have to stretch one or two times in the 4 hour period. Please let me know.
3 years 4 months ago #24606

Ashish Kulkarni

I am pleased to inform that I passed my PMP exam today with 5xATs.

Here are my Lessons Learnt:

Resources I used:

I only used 3 main resources: PMBOK Guide 6th Edition, Rita's Book & "the" PM PrepCast.

I read many posts and LLs from successful candidates boasting that they did not use PMBOK and still passed the exam. I personally don't recommend this as I feel PMBOK will help you prepare a very strong foundation of your knowledge base. I read PMBOK cover to cover two times. I understand PMBOK text is extremely heavy to digest, nevertheless, as you get used to it, further reading becomes lot easier.

I started reading Rita Mulcahy PM Exam Prep book. The lucid language of this book helped me learn the concepts much better. I'd highly recommend solving the end-of-the-chapter quizzes and review your incorrect questions again. (I found some of the questions on final exam quite similar to Rita's).

Finally, I'd like to thank the makers of PM Prepcast for designing a brilliant product. Prepcast offers exam experience which is pretty close to the real exam. I took my Prepcast Mock exams at the exact time of my final exam to get used to the environment. My scores were between 75%-80%.

Final exam experience

The check in process was really smooth. The exam started right after the check-in process. Please note that you have option to start the exam immediately after your check-in process is successful. I started my exam about 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled time as did not want to wait. Throughout the exam process, I never had a single interaction with the Proctor. So, the biggest lesson learnt is PeasonVue will not bother you if you behave and follow their rules.

1) The exam interface definitely needs a serious upgrade. I did not find it user friendly at all. The question font was small (pretty similar to PrepCast) but the sentences had single spacing which caused a lot of strain to eyes.

2) If you click on Whiteboard, it stays open. It is super annoying to keep looking at that window throughout the rest of the exam. I pushed it aside to keep it out of my view.

3) The recording toolbar stays continuously ON and needs to be shifted out of way often.

4) The calculator is not a Windows calculator, so need to get accustomed to it.

5) There were no major sums on my exam and I could practically solve many of them without using calculator.

6) The 10-minute break after 89th question is a great way to calm yourself down and gather your energy back.

I wish you all a great success at your upcoming final exams. Feel free to reach out for any questions.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login