fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP First Time 11/18/20!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP First Time 11/18/20!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24572

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Ritu!

Glad to hear that our products have helped you with your PMP exam journey.
3 years 5 months ago #24564

Ritu Jain

I passed the PMP exam at the Pearson Vue onsite location with 4AT/1T. I thought I had failed but was very happy to see the congrats message. I've been trying to prepare since Summer 2018 and decided I needed to focus on it this year. Keep your focus, take breaks while studying and do the simulator questions. Good luck to all of you planning to write soon.
Resources used:
1.The PM PrepCast videos - (mobile. iPad, etc). I found that being able to access the PM PrepCast materials on multiple devices very helpful.

2.The PMP Exam Simulator - cannot stress enough to practice with the learning/timed quizzes (10-30 questions at a time to build confidence and then do the full 200 Q exams. I did 3 full exams (77%/78%/89%). Its important to review the right and wrong questions because the reason you thought it was right may not be the right reason. I was a little worried as I had not done more of them and only scored high 70s. This is well worth the cost!

3.Joseph Phillip's Udemy course - I found the float lessons the best to understand among the resources I used. I did the float exercises several times.

4. PMBOK Sixth Edition - read most of it
4b. PMBOK Agile guide - read it for mostly informational based on Cornelius' article "

5.Rita Mulcahy Ninth Edition

6. Les Foley - PMP Exam Prep class (in person class). He provided a schedule of how to prepare/what resources to use. I highly recommend attending his training if you are in the DFW, TX area. This was also critical in my passing.

PMP Exam tips.
**Repetition is the key to remembering a lot of this. Straight memorizing may not work as some of the questions are long and/or complex.
I did not know the exam created a 10 minute break at Q89. The 10 mins do NOT count against your exam time.
I started writing down the formulas/49 processes after the tutorial ended which cut into exam time so make sure you can recite them in your sleep.
Make sure you are watching the time as it took longer to answer the questions on the PMP exam than any of the practice exams.
*know the description for each of the 49 process - that will help you narrow down some answers on PMP exam questions
*I did not get many formula questions but be prepared.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login