fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP AT on everything!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP AT on everything!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25291

Hemavathy Ramakrishnan

Hi - Is a wired bluetooth mouse permitted for the exam ? I have a Microsoft Surface laptop that has only 1 provision which I need to use for ethernet / lan chord.
3 years 4 months ago #24648

Hemavathy Ramakrishnan

thank you, this is a vey helpful tip!
3 years 4 months ago #24636

Charlie

My router is in the living room, but, like in your case, it is not the best place to take the exam because to large of a room. I bought a 5 meters LAN cable so that it could reach my guest room, which is quieter and a better place to take the exam.
3 years 4 months ago #24634

Hemavathy Ramakrishnan

Hi , did you use a wired or wireless connection ? I only have the wired internet Connection in the living room and I am not sure if thats the best place to take the test though
3 years 4 months ago #24566

Duon Martin

Thanks for your feedback. I'm thinking of taking my exam at home as well. I been trying to get some insight on that process. I think I can pretty much hide from my 3 kids and wife for 4 hours, but I have a little shitzu that most likely won't leave my side if I'm sitting down at my computer. I'm going to try to use your approach towards answering the questions and see how I do moving forward
3 years 4 months ago #24558

Austin Still

I took the exam at home through PearsonVue. I had a pretty good experience with them, although once you hit question 89 you are given a 10 minute break before you go to the rest of the questions and you cannot go back to question 1-89 once you pass that point.

Ya my scores were the first time I took the practice exams. My strategy for the mock exams were pretty simple, I found reading the question carefully and really understanding what process you are in, what stage of the project your in (initiating, planning etc...) and then what the question wants from you (either an input, tool & technique or output) asking myself these questions for each question really helped me eliminate answers that would not make sense based on the proper steps to take in a project according to the PMBOK guide. Sounds like your doing everything right doing the mock exams and reviewing them was definitely what I focused on the most. Reading the PMBOK guide and on topics I wasn't sure the prepcast elite videos really go into detail on each process.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login