fbpx

Reply: If you plan and follow it, you will get your PMP certification!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : If you plan and follow it, you will get your PMP certification!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24616

Duon Martin

What if you're not doing well on the exam simulators. I took my first 2 mock exams and the scores were terrible, but after reviewing and taking good notes on the questions that I marked and the questions that I got wrong, I realized that I missed a lot of information in my reading. This method is walking me through reading the PMBOK because they have referenced pages for each question. Prior to the mock exams, I just focused on Rita's book. I'm almost wondering if I should go back and retake the first 2 exams before moving forward to the other exams. My goal is to take all 7 exams and get by with a passing score of at least 70%. I have yet been able to do that. And I've read a ton of material, including taking a boot camp back in March. I think that I'm just over thinking these questions and I am in my own way
3 years 4 months ago #24358

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Fabio!

It's good to hear that The PM PrepCast and PMP Exam Simulator have helped
you in passing the PMP exam.
3 years 4 months ago #24333

Be commit and you will pass!

's Avatar

Hi, there!

First of all, what works for me not necessarily will work for everybody in terms of the plan. However, whatever your plan is it will work if you follow it until the end, because you were the one that planned it!

I set a goal to take the exam in a window of 2 months. The first thing I did was to schedule the exam, because then I would have had spent the money and a wall would be placed right in front of me - so no where to run.

Then I bought the Rita Mulcahy book, which for me is the best. I read it fully once (2 hours everyday for 28 days and I was finished!).

After that I bought the PMPrepCast (with the simulator). I did 2x simulator exams and got exactly the same grade on both - 72%. To me, even though it was enough to theoretically pass, I felt I still need some buffer to take the exam more comfortably. So I re-read some of the chapters of the Rita's book (the ones the exam simulators told me I didn't go so well), watched the lessons from the PMPrepCast of those specific subjects and took another exam. Bam! 86% and I felt good. I took this third simulator test on day 35.

I felt good during the exam, didn't suffer. The questions of the PMPrepCast simulators are pretty close to the ones you'll find on the exam. This made me much more confident, because I wasn't in a "strange land". I've seen it before. So, I passed.

My advice is: plan what's best based on your experience (to me 2 months was more than enough), follow the plan to the letter (be committed), use the Rita's book, the PMPrepCast and take at least 3 simulators. If you do well, then go ahead - you'll make it with flying colours.

Best of luck,
Fabio Orsini

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login