fbpx

Reply: Passed on first attempt without taking more than 100 sample questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first attempt without taking more than 100 sample questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24310

Charlie

Typically students need to take way more than 100 questions to master the subjects and build enough confidence. Good for you that you made with just about 100 questions.
3 years 4 months ago #24308

Benjamin Harrison

It took me roughly two months
3 years 4 months ago #24306

VENKATA MADHUSUDAN VEMURI

Many best wishes and congratulations to you....You have been very forthright in explaining your exam preparation...Appreciate your frankness...aS YOU MENTIONED EXAM SCORES ARE SOMETHING
WHICH IS DEBATED TOO MUCH...Some who have not scored too well in the practice tests have done very well in the final exam....
Wishing you a very bright future...Regards and Thanks ...

By the way, how long did you prepare effectively??
3 years 4 months ago #24305

VENKATA MADHUSUDAN VEMURI

Many best wishes and congratulations to you....You have been very forthright in explaining your exam preparation...Appreciate your frankness...aS YOU MENTIONED EXAM SCORES ARE SOMETHING
WHICH IS DEBATED TOO MUCH...Some who have not scored too well in the practice tests have done very well in the final exam....
Wishing you a very bright future...Regards and Thanks ...
3 years 4 months ago #24301

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Benjamin,

Congratulations on your passing the PMP exam!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
3 years 4 months ago #24290

Benjamin Harrison

So... I hate studying. If you're the same then listen up.

First - I read the entire PMBOK guide, cover to cover. Don't worry about the Agile stuff to much. It really didn't play a big part at all in the exam. Just know that agile = adaptive. The PrepCast covered all other relevant material for Agile.

Next - I watched 95% of the video's on the PM PrepCast. I missed a few because I ran out of time before the exam. Make sure that you ACTIVELY listen. If you miss something then replay the video. Make sure you watch 3-5 a day so that you keep your mind sharp and don't forget anything.

When you think you're ready then do 20 practice questions. If you get 60% of them right then you are good to go. Schedule the exam a week out and watch a couple videos a day leading up to it to stay sharp. You're adrenaline will carry you through 200 with very little prep outside of that on exam day.

I took the exam at home rather than at a testing center. That was a HUGE mistake. I disconnected three times during the exam. My internet connection at home is very good and I 100% believe it's because of the bs software that Pearson Vue runs on your machine. It's definitely worth it to drive a half hour to take the exam if you can swing it. I lost a lot of time and literally finished with 50 seconds left to spare. Can honestly say I will NEVER take a test remotely with them again.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the PrepCast. The instructor really did a great job covering the topics. Forget the notecards. Just read the book and listen to what dude has to say :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login