fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed - Online Proctored

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24161

• Nirmalya Maitra
  • Nirmalya Maitra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Passed successfully in 1st attempt. About 3 months preparation with PM prepcast videos and PMBOK guide. Did 6 exams on the simulator. Whats very impressive is how much the simulator exam questions are similar to the actual one.

The online exam was quite easy. What was interesting was that I asked if I can keep a bottle of water with me and they allowed it. They also asked me disconnect my secondary monitor. After 89 questions a review is triggered after which you are given an option to take a break for ten minutes. The break time is not part of the exam 4 hours.

The built-in calculator is easy. The writing pad needs a bit of getting used to.

All in all must thank Cornelius and team for their support and preparing a fantastic product.

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24162

• Vik
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nirmalya Maitra

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24170

• Charlie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congratulations.
Is it allowed to leave the desk during the 10 minutes break?
Charlie

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24172

• Nirmalya Maitra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes. You are allowed. The browser lock will still be enabled and you can not go back to the previous questions.

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24176

• Sharath Babu Akula
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Nirmalya,
I have enrolled for an Online proctored test.
Could you let us know what will be done 30 minutes before the exam, I mean the registrations formalities. How are they done virtually?
Are we allowed to have at least Photo frames in the room where we are taking exam and what should be the surroundings like?
And also, how is the online whiteboard like ? Is it similar to the one's that we can practice online?
Many Thanks!

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24177

• Nirmalya Maitra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

30 mins before the check-in link gets activated. They will send you an sms with a link. That link is used to take
A) Your photo in clear background
B) Photo of your id card (only had option of drivers license and passport)
C) Front of your workstation
D) Back of your workstation

Note taking the photos can take a fair amount of time. I have some photo frames on my room and they had no objection to it. I guess they wont unless it behind your workstation.

After all photos are submitted the webcam link is activated and you should wait in view of the cam (took 3-5 minutes) for a proctor to open a voice call. They were very nice and very friendly.

The whiteboard is not difficult just less efficient than drawing up network diagrams on paper. Its identical to the practice one.

Hope it answers your questions. Do let me know if you need other info and all the best.

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24179

• Sharath Babu Akula
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
So nice of you to take time in replying point by point. That is pretty clear now.
Many Thanks Nirmalya !! Very much appreicated.
Just one question though, when you said "Taking photos can take a fair amount of time" does it mean that the uploading of photos takes time.
Could you please elaborate on this a bit?

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24180

• Nirmalya Maitra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Uploading time depends on your internet connection so for me that was not a problem.

What took some time was to get the photos you are taking to git into the shapes of the photo app that is sent via the link. Its a bit like taking photos in a photo booth where you have to adjust to get your face inline with the camera.

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24190

• SYB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please share your simulator scores. Just to get an idea what is the right bracket.

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24192

• Nirmalya Maitra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
First one in low 70s last five was 77, 81.5, 82.5, 79.5, 80, 85

What was most interesting was that I was always weak on the Initiating and Closing groups in all my exams (to be honest I did focus less on these areas and have significantly less real-life experience in these areas)

In my final results was very similar to the last 3 exams.

Passed - Online Proctored 3 years 5 months ago #24198

• Abid Patel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Many congrats.

How many iterations of Prepcast mock attempts you performed before taking the PMP exam?

I planned it in this way:

i. Iteration 1 - attempt all 7 exams. After each mock attempt, review 200 questions. Move to the next in the sequence and do the same.

ii. Iteration 2 - same as above.

iii. Go for the PMP exam.

Please advice if you have any better idea.

Thanks.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login