fbpx

Reply: This is a Great Investment

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : This is a Great Investment

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24109

SYB

Thanks mate.
3 years 5 months ago #24101

Hans Kam

Hi, I think you should be fine taking the exam. The first 10 questions on the exam felt hard, maybe because I was nervous, but it got better.
When I did my exam from home, they do have a time ticker on the application, but I am not sure what kind of application they use at the test center.
The ticker they use is a count down from 240 minutes, the format is mmm:ss, unlike the format on the simulation website which is hh:mm:ss.
I ration my time by giving myself 1 hour per 50 questions, I don't know how other people ration their time.

Good luck with your upcoming exam.
3 years 5 months ago #24079

SYB

Hello Hans,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have scheduled my exam on 4th Nov at center instead of home. I have scored in bracket of 71-76 percent in simulator exams. Is it good enough to give it a shot. Also, is there a time ticker in exam like the one we have in simulator, as i don't put on watch.

Thanks.
3 years 5 months ago #24078

Hans Kam

I would like to thank PMP PrepCast for the great exam simulations.
The exam simulations helped me focused on what to study and, as a result, I passed my exam.
I have read many articles about preparing for this exam and have followed many of them.
I started reading the PMBok at the beginning of my study but never got to finish it as it is too dry to read.
I read Rita's book once and did all the practice questions in it and reviewed my mistakes.
After finishing Rita's book, I purchased the exam simulations and found out that I had knowledge gaps to fill.
My exam simulation scores are 69%, 68%, 69.5%, 69.5%, 77.5%, 72.5%, 67%.

I reviewed all of my mistakes and flagged questions. Every weekday I spent an average of 2 hours studying. I spent more than 6 hours every weekend studying.
I studied for 6-7 months.

During the exam, I find that many of the exam questions are easier and less tricky than the exam simulations, that's a good thing.
The exam questions are also much shorter, so the exam simulations really helped train my stamina.
I passed the exam on the first tr ywith AT, T, AT, AT, T.

At the beginning of the study, I practiced creating brain dumps and found out later that I might not have the time to do it on the actual exam, but the practice of writing the brain dumps helped me memorize the 49 processes and the formula.
During the exam, I barely had enough time to finish all the questions.

I did the exam from home. I was a little nervous about getting a picky proctor, but everything went pretty smoothly.
I once got a warning to not move my lips when reading.
I got three requests to scan the room as the proctor as she claimed that my video dropped. I have fiber internet with 300 up and 300 down speed, so I am not sure what that was about. Each request would take about 15 seconds, so that was not the end of the world.
I set up my computer in the dining room as my home office desk has a lot of papers and stuff. The dining room is an open layout, but the proctor didn't have any problem with that.

I would like to attribute most of my journey's success to my loving and accommodating wife. She helped me take care of things during my study. During the exam, she took our son and stayed out of the house for about 5 hours.

Good luck to all exam aspirants. I had my doubts, but I was able to learn from what other people have shared on forums, Reddit, etc. If I can do it, you can do it, too.

Regards,
Hans Kam

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login