fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam on First Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam on First Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 months ago #24129

Sumit Soral

Congrats
3 years 5 months ago #23751

Renita Friese

Paul,

I did mostly quizzes in the PrepCast due to my busy work schedule. I answered 50 questions at one time during the week and 100 or 200 questions on the weekend. My average score for all 1610 questions was 76. I felt confident going into the exam and most of my quiz scores were in the 70s and I still passed with 3 Above Targets and 2 Targets. My overall score was Above Target. The real exam questions were harder. Honestly, when I read the first question, I thought I was taking the wrong exam. I didn't have a clue to what the answer was. I guessed, then marked it to go back later and review. The second question was easier and by the time I got to the fifth or sixth question I was feeling better. I think a part of it was nerves and my brain shut down. When I went back to the first question it made more sense. What the PrepCast questions helped with was how to dissect the question. Much like PrepCast, it was easy to weed out two of the four answers on the exam. Good luck on the exam!

Renita
3 years 5 months ago #23733

PW

Hello,
Congratulation on your certificate. I am planning on taking the test on the coming months, and I would like to know, how were your score on the practices test on the PrepCast? Did you felt confident with that reached target before taking the real test? and the questions practiced on the app were same, easier or more difficult than those on the test? Thank you
3 years 6 months ago #23655

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Renita!
3 years 6 months ago #23640

Renita Friese

I studied for about 3 months before taking the exam. That included the 35 hours needed to apply for the exam. PM PrepCast definitely helped with how to manage time and the real-world questions. I answered all 1610 questions and still found the exam difficult. I didn't have any specific ITTO questions (ex. What is the output of Develop Project Charter?), but all the ITTO-type questions were buried in the real-world questions. About 95% of the questions were real-world and the other 5% were cost and schedule calculating-type questions. I'm grateful for finding this website and it was worth the money for the Exam Simulator.

I took the exam at a testing center, so if you do that during COVID-19 I recommend practicing while wearing a mask. That helped so it wasn't a distraction during the exam. PMI has put a 10-minute break in the middle, or so I was told. Unfortunately, that's not what happened to me. My first "half" was only 90 questions and not 100. Then when I went on my break, the timer didn't stop. By the time I came back (not rushing, because I thought I had 10 minutes off), I had 115 minutes to answer 110 questions. Needless to say, I panicked. I rushed through the next twenty or so questions until I had a ten minute buffer, which calmed my nerves. I ran out of time before I could go back and review all of my marked questions and the ones I rushed through. I was definitely deflated, but still managed to pass with 3 Above Target and 2 Target. I recommend making sure the clock has stopped before getting up from your chair. That goes in the lessons learned repository :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login