fbpx

Reply: In the end, i saw Congratulations!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : In the end, i saw Congratulations!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #23514

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Chiedozie!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
3 years 7 months ago #23489

Chiedozie K.

's Avatar

I was pained when I saw FAILED on that screen at the start of the pandemic! I had used Head First, Andy Crowe, PMBOK Guide and random simulators. I purposed that I will not give up. I started searching online, and thanks to providence, I stumbled on free questions from Cornelius Fichtner. It had a very close semblance to that thing I just failed! I got in touch with him and several weeks later, still in the pandemic, I passed!

I listened to and watched all the videos in the study plan I purchased. I listened to the podcasts while on the move, practised the exams with ITTOs in bits because the kids would not let me stay to myself during the lockdown for 4 straight hours with the simulator. I consulted only the PMBOK Guide while listening to the podcasts or watching the videos. I would think that having a lot of manuals is not the best option. The more I practiced the questions in the simulator, the more I got more confident of acing the exam. I practiced using the timed and learning mode of the simulator, and twice or so I took the full simulated exams and did well. Finally, as a litmus for my readiness, I took on Oliver Lehman’s 200 Questions which a colleague said was a very difficult version to weigh my confidence further and felt ready.

Do what works for you, I had previously read that you need to stop studying or practicing days to the real exam. Well, I studied and practiced until a few minutes to the exam. The thing about the simulator and its answers to the questions is, it hones your mindset as a Project Manager and gets you fully ready for the scenarios in the exam. All in all, it was a life changing experience for me. The prospects of PMP are already staring me in the face. Never give up, chase your certification with the mindset that though it seems an uphill task, the glory ahead is so much fulfilling.

Thanks to the timed practices, the option elimination method, and marking of questions, I finished the 200 questions and still had 44 minutes to review and review. Once I saw CONGRATULATIONS on same screen I’d seen Failed a few months back, I punched the air in ecstasy!

Thanks Cornelius.

We move!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login