fbpx

Reply: Proctored on-line: PMP exam passed on first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Proctored on-line: PMP exam passed on first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23443

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Javier,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey!
3 years 6 months ago #23425

Javier Loma Domínguez

Dear all,
I'm really happy to share my lessons with you.
PMP exam: passed on first attempt. 4 domains above target/1 domain on target.

Exam type:
Proctored pn-line test worked really well, despite myself having an internet connection fail. Live support chat is really on the other side.
Prior to exam start, follow the instructions and read how to mark/highlight the questions, also get acquainted with the calculator, and how to raise your hand for support (live chat)
In case of doubt contact via the live proctored chat, it really works.

Exam questions approach:
Formula questions can take longer to respond than other type of questions, around 40% over the given time for a specific question
When pitfall in questions, answer the best reasonable one, mark it and go to next question. DON'T GIVE UP AND KEEP FOCUSED
For questions on project duration: don't draw the network diagram, it'll consume a lot of time. Draw a line where durations overlap to get the total duration of the project
Time is tight, that's why I strongly recommend FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.

Material I used:
Prep Cast Premium + PM Formulas + PMP Exam simulator
PMBOK
The PMP Professional Management Professional Study Guide (Joseph Phillips)PMP® Exam Content Outline
PMP® Handbook
PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct

I treated my PMP exam like a project itself. I studied 6 days/week 4.5 months
1.-I assembled a roadmap sheet to track performance. I also used Trello (Agile PM tool) You can find my roadmap and study planattached for your reference
2.-I focused on getting the 35 h training through the Prep Cast lessons
3.-I read the PMBOK once, to get a deep understanding
4.-Inputs, Tools and techniques, and Outputs are worth studying
5.-I read the PMP Professional Management Professional Study Guide (Joseph Phillips), did tests after every lesson. The book provides a practical view about how to get certified with good tips and a tester with around 600 questions, however I took 1/3 of them since the PMP Exam Simulator is good and effort-wise enough.
6.-I took a first round of exams via the PMP Exam Simulator. All exams passed but didn't feel confident enough (marks between 70.50% and 82%), so I decided to postpone my exam 1 month, to take a second round of exams, which improved my confidence on passing. The exams results on the second round were notably higher (85% to 92%) since I reviewed all my wrong answers and re-studied my approach.
7.-Formulas are key, so learn by heart and don't spend much time on them, but study consciously.

That's all, good luck, since you'll make it.
Javier

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login