fbpx

Reply: Questions about PMP online test

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions about PMP online test

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23477

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Thank you so much, Gabriella. I will ask about the fan again to Pearson VUE agent.
3 years 6 months ago #23476

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Rahul,

let me try to answer at least part of your questions:

1. When I took the exam I was facing the wall, and there was a window to my left, but it was behind me. The check-in process was fine for me with this setting.
2. Honestly, I don't know. I would try to ask it to PearsonVUE.
3. Once you pass the check-in procedure, the audio/video registration begins, so you should wait at your workplace for the exam to start. However, in my case it didn't take long: in fact, as I realized during the break, I must have started the exam a few minutes earlier than scheduled.
4. After you submit the first part of the exam, you will be prompted for the break to start through a pop-up window on your screen. No need to chat with the proctor for that. At that point you can either decide to start the break (in which case a countdown timer will start) or skip the break, and move on to the second part of the exam. In case you opt for the break, you will have the opportunity to stop it and resume the exam before the end of the 10-min break.
5. I don't remember such a question specifically. However, I do remember that the systems asks you twice whether you are ready to submit your answers. This applies to both parts of the exam. This reassured me in a way, as there was no chance to submit either part of the exam by mistake, before completing the review.
6. I think you can—as long as you remain in view of the camera and do not 'hide' your face behind your hands. I don't know about the glass of water on your table... I think you are not allowed to drink during the exam. In my case, I had a clean desk, and drank some water during the break, in another room.

Hope this helps,
Gabriella
3 years 6 months ago #23412

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Hi all,

I am planning to take the PMP exam next month from home. I plan to take it from my bedroom. I have a few questions. I request everyone who already took the test to give their valuable response.

1. Should I face the wall? If I face away from the wall, the window will be on my front right side with some outside view through the gap, even after the blinders are shut. Don't know if that is an issue.
2. I have A/C unit in the bedroom which will make a lot of noise if it is on. There is a window which I believe must be closed. Can I have a clip-on fan switched on (away) before the check-in process? It only makes mild noise.
3. Once the proctor verified ID, room photos and settings, the system run test is done successfully, will I have to sit idle to start the test until the exact appointment time? Like, if there is 15 minutes left to that time.
4. I heard the break comes after 89 questions. Should I ask the proctor by chat message that I am taking the break and can I go out? Or is there no need to ask for permission, since the break is mandatory (or is it?)? Also, once I come back into the room after break, do I again need to send him the photos of the four sides of the room and show ID to proceed with the test? Will the test start immediately or only exactly after 10 minutes of break time?
5. After I answered all questions and reviewed the answers, once clicked on the submit icon, I heard there is a 'Are you sure you want to score your test now?' question. Is it still there?
6. Can I support my face with an arm during the test? I have this habit during taking an exam. Pearson VUE agent told me that there can be a glass of water on the table. She didn't answer other questions convincingly.

I want to know the answers to these questions because I want to be as comfortable as possible. Please help. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rahul

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login