fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam (online proctored) on first Attempt with all 5 ATs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam (online proctored) on first Attempt with all 5 ATs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #23304

Nagaraj Bhusannavar, PMP

Thanks Partha :-)
1. The questions were not so lengthy. Most of them are up to 2 lines.. Questions were more or less with same difficulty level as in Prep cast mock tests.. As I said ,PMBOK understanding is Must.
2. I used to take 130-140 mins during mock tests...
All the best for ur exam.
3 years 7 months ago #23297

Partha Gupta

Congrats on you success! I have a couple of things to know-
(1) In general, were the situational questions more wordy than we see in the PrepCast mock test? How difficult were the questions compared to PrepCast?
(2) You said it took you around 160 minutes (75 min + 85 min) to finish the exam, that was pretty fast. How was your speed when you took PrepCast mock tests?
3 years 7 months ago #23287

Nagaraj Bhusannavar, PMP

Hello All,

I Passed PMP exam on 29th Aug'20 (online proctored) on first Attempt with all 5 ATs.

Hints for preparation:
Prepare your individualized Training plan, just don’t go with only what you hear from the people who have cleared PMP. Everyone's learning approach is different.
Decide on which material you want to use, and just stick to it, as there are lot of sources available.
I had to stop my preparation due to other commitments once, but I advise you not to stop once start preparing.
After reading Study materials once or twice, I strongly recommend to start taking mock tests; I found that these helped me to identify my weak areas, and then I went back and read those again.
Please take minimum of 3 to 4 Mock tests before exam. This helps to understand your speed and also you can plan your exam flow accordingly. I took 7 mock tests from PM prepcast and consistently above 75%.
Ensure that after you finish mock tests, read the explanations (both correct and wrong options). This helps a lot.
Also please prepare your own "NOTES" when you read through the Training Materials, this really helps. You can use it as a quick guide everyday.[/li]

My Exam experience:

Exam was pretty straightforward, and understanding of PMBOK is Must.
While answering, In general, you will be able to strike out 2 out of 4 options, and its usually selecting a correct answer from 2 options.
80-90% questions are describing a situation and asking "What you should do next?" or "What was missed" or "How would have you avoided this"…
Close to 75% of questions you will be able to answer reading questions only once (if your fundaments are good).
There were around 25% of questions which were little tricky , and you need to use techniques like elimination technique to get to correct answer.
I had 2 questions on calculations using Formula & 2 questions on Network diagram, for which I had to use whiteboard & Calculator ( available within exam framework).
Online Exam Experience:
I used HP Laptop with Windows 10; My appointment was @9.15PM; I did a System check at 6PM, all was good. Didn’t shutdown machine and was using it. I used Broadband with 25MBPS speed.
@8.45PM I logged in PearsonVue & clicked Begin Exam. You need to share your Photo, ID copy & Room photos, which Proctor will check offline. If you are using Mobile Data to upload the photos, please ensure you have good Signal strength. Unfortunately on Exam day, my mobile network was lil slow, and it took more than expected time for me to finish this step.
After successful submission of photos, I closed all running applications on laptop & I was asked to wait and Proctor will contact me.
Proctor actually called me after 2 mins and said that she is not able to close one of the application. We tried for 5 mins without success. Then we decided to restart Laptop.
After Restart, all was Ok, Proctor asked me to show the workspace and she initiated my Exam.
I took around 75 mins for answering & reviewing first part (89 questions). I didn’t take break after finishing first part.
85 mins for answering & reviewing second part (111 questions).
Around 5 mins for PMI & PearsonVue Surveys.

Hope this helps.
I would like to thank the prepcast team for this journey and wish all prospective test takers lots of success!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login