fbpx

Reply: Need recommendations on PMP exam simulators

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need recommendations on PMP exam simulators

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23244

PMP Aspirant

Thanks Felix, appreciate your feedback.
3 years 6 months ago #23237

Felix Kamanga, PMP

Hello,

My suggestion for you is to start by reading the books (both RM's and PMBOK) and do related exercises after each chapter. Then you go for the simulator exam, which will help you to get familiar with the context of the real exam, where you need to manage your time efficiently.
After each simulator exam, take time to go through all the answers, mostly those you did wrong and those you marked, regardless of your answers being right or wrong.
Reading the explanations provided for each answer will bring you back to different parts of the books for a better understanding.
Try to manage your time to be able to go through all the seven simulator exams and get good scores.
The key to success is to do as many mock questions as possible, and if you can additionally work with RM's exams, it is undoubtedly a good thing.

I hope this will help you, and I wish you good luck!
3 years 6 months ago #23219

PMP Aspirant

Hello,

I am currently preparing for PMP exam and need suggestions on the following:

1) As soon as I do the first read of each chapter of the pmbok and Rita Mulcahys’s book, I want to do the quizzes for each chapter. Is this the right strategy or should I first read the books cover to cover and then take the mock exam in prepcast simulator? My fear is that by the time I will finish reading the books if my performance/ scores are low then I won’t have enough time to improve it by further reading. I plan to write the exam in October end or in first week of Nov.

2) Option Number 2 is to buy the exam simulator of Rita Mulcahy (I already have bought the prepcast simulator) and do the chapter wise quizzes on RM simulator to practice. Once I have read both the books, then I should take prepcast mock exams 2 weeks before the actual exam to check my performance and preparedness.
Please suggest which strategy among these have worked for you all. Is prepcast exam simulator alone good enough to pass the PMP exam or I should supplement it with RM’s exam simulator?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login