fbpx

Reply: Passed my exam - first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my exam - first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22778

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Wow Karan . . . all I can say is, impressive nerves of steel!

I think you more than earned your stripes with the exam experience you laid out.

Thanks for sharing such detailed Lessons Learned. I’m pleased you found the help you needed with Ricardo’s video and PrepCast’s video lessons and simulator.

Congratulations and I wish you all the best, Karan Bhachech, PMP!
3 years 7 months ago #22770

Karan Hemal Bhachech

I passed my exam yesterday (5th Aug 2020) and got the confirmation email from PMI this morning. My overall experience was very very bad. I opted for online Proctored exam and the system failed about 7-8 times when exam was ongoing. The very first time I freaked out but eventually got a call from Proctor indicating their server problem and to bear with the downtime. The motivation kept on going during such failures but eventually momentum was regained.

I finished my exam successfully but while I was 3hours and 47mins down; the last break down took place. There was a rude proctor who chatted with me for a while and sent me a link to "Reschedule" my exam. I was very furious and didn't accept what she was trying to tell me. Eventually I got a call from Head Manager or Proctor and she was very helpful, polite and sweet in helping me out. They backtracked my exam by 15mins and I attemped some questions again.

TIP: Don't panic if such things happen, they are common. Most importantly, trust your abilities.

Journey:

Enrolled PMPrepcast: 20th May 2020
Finished Video lessons: 18th June 2020 (read PMBOK topics side by side)
Break: for about a week (celebrating birthday)
Reading PMBOK 2time time: 28th June 2020
Exam 1 and 2 from Simulator: 10th July to 13th July (review incorrect answers is very important)
Read PMBOK 3rd time: 15th July 2020
Creating experience excel sheet (side by side) and also contacted past managers/colleagues
Submitted my PMI application: 21 July 2020
No audit and paid fees: 25th July 2020
Gave exams 3, 4 and 5 from Exam Simulator: 26Jul - 2Aug 2020
Revised weak areas from PMBOK: 3rd and 4th Aug 2020

Overall Study material recommendations:

1. PMPrepcast: Helpful
2. PMBOK: Very Helpful
3. Exam Simulator and incorrect answers review: Most helpful
4. Ricardo video on Youtube: Very Helpful

There are videos on Youtube that give fair idea about process, application, experience and PMBOK topic guidance. Have a look at videos with most views (>50k atleast).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login