fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Lessons Learned by Kyaw Thu Myint Swe

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Lessons Learned by Kyaw Thu Myint Swe

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22762

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!
3 years 7 months ago #22761

PMP Exam Lessons Learned

's Avatar

Hi All,

I studied by myself since 27 August 2019 to sit for the PMP exam even though I completed my 35 PDUs in 2016. My first attempt was failed because I did not study seriously and did not read PMBOK thoroughly. I just studied Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep - 9th edition and went for an exam. I did not prepare properly and I still studied at the last minute before entering the exam room. I was stressed and disappointed for four hours' duration. I bought a PMP exam simulator package and practiced a few exams so it did not really assist me during the actual exam. So that I failed with the remark of need improvement for almost processes. It had happened in November 2019.
After finishing that exam, I scheduled for the second attempt in January 2020. I studied a bit harder than previous time but still did not study PMBOK thoroughly and understand it. I bought a PMP exam simulator again and worked out with the help of it. I tried to sit a lot of exams rather than studied the PMBOK. I underestimated the exam again and failed on the second attempt of the PMP exam. My previous first and second-time exam experience was very bad due to the narrow space - sitting plan and the exam room is quite boring with packed tables.
After failing the second time, I realized that I should have to change my study plan and organize well for proper study materials. Firstly, I read chapter by chapter of PMOBOK and wrote my own notes, analyzed, digested, and compared with my current work. Once one chapter of PMBOK finished, I studied against Rita. It made me an easy way to understand more about PMP than the previous attempts. I studied normally five hours per day and at least five days per week. I made my study time- table such as two or three days for each chapter, two hours' exam for two or three days, and the final four hours' exams for three days. It took me about 35-40 days of intensive studies. I bought PMP exam simulator PM Pre Cast at least three times for the preparation of the PMP exam.
I did not sit for simulator exams straight away, however, I clear my mind and brain natural for few days by not consideration of any study material. I usually received the pass percentage of 65-72 after finishing four hours' mock-up exams. The outcomes would be raised my confidence level and I reschedule my third exam to July instead of August 2020. I also changed the exam venue from the previous TAFE center to the CBD of Perth (PEARSON PROFESSIONAL CENTERS).
Before my exam date which was on 02 July 2020, I was quite happy and ready to sit for the PMP exam with full confidence. The actual exam day of the third one is very comfortable and I calmly handled almost all questions without too much frustration. I took ten minutes official break during the exam. It helped me a lot of relaxation and felt less stressed for long exam duration. Eventually, I passed my PMP exam on 02 July 2020.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login