fbpx

Reply: Lessons learned after passing on first try with 5 AT - online proctored

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons learned after passing on first try with 5 AT - online proctored

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22746

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Cody,

Congratulations on your well-deserved success!
3 years 8 months ago #22731

Cody Dingo

After much study with other courses, I found this course to be the most beneficial. Because of COVID-19 I opted for the remote proctored test. I'd already taken another professional certification test this year in another discipline, so I knew what to expect from the PearsonVUE remote environment.

Early in the exam I noticed my webcam froze up so I initiated a chat with the proctor. After a few minutes she told me she’d refresh the exam and I wouldn’t lose my progress but the timer would still be going. She ended up having to reset it twice before my video came back. I think I lost five minutes with this ordeal.

I knew to expect a break in the exam, but I guess I didn’t pay attention to when the break was. I finished a question before 100 (the halfway point) and it was clear it was the end of the first section. However, the clock was still going so I figured I had time to review. After reviewing the clock was still going; I was expecting it to stop at a certain time. So, I finally reached out to the proctor to ask when the break was. After three to five minutes she responded that the break would automatically pop up when it was time. So I waited longer.

At this point I had no more questions to answer, and I reviewed what I needed to review. So then I reviewed every question; not just those I flagged. I finally noticed the “End Review” button and hit that and it informed me I’d be starting the break now. The first section had fewer than 100 questions (out of 200) so I knew after the break I had more questions to answer in this second part compared to the first part. I also now had less time because of all the waiting. Had I found the “End Review” button earlier I would have been in good shape. Conversely, had I listened to the proctor and waited longer I would have been in bad shape. As it stood, I had less than a minute per question for the second part of the exam.

Cornelius’ course and tips really helped with the test objectives. Make sure you know the main formulas well for this exam and be sure you know when to use each. Also, prepare for a lot of reading and re-reading as some of the questions are long and you want to make sure you can decipher what the question is really asking. Another great resource was Ricardo Vargas’ YouTube video entitled PMBOK Guide 6th Ed Processes Explained. Watching this video really helped me see how everything comes together as a project is it its different phases. A must watch!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login