fbpx

Reply: PMP Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22748

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Wayne,

Congratulations on your achievement!
3 years 7 months ago #22729

Wayne Walsh

's Avatar

I followed the program, created a study plan and planned to take the exam after 12 weeks. Used the video lessons while following along in the PMBOK first. I purchased two books, PM Master Prep book and Head First PMP. The two books helped me attain a level of deeper understanding and actually accelerated my learning curve.

** Please note: I took the test in 2017 after a bootcamp and reading Rita's book, I failed. I too the test again in 2018, read Rita's booka gain, read the PMBOK again, added an audiobook, and online practice tests, again. I failed, again.

PM PrepCasts guides, study plan, video series, practice tests, exam simulator(!!!!), and the additional books did it for me.

The big one to know, for me:
what does each process have in its ITTOs, what comes before and after that process (the flows), and the differences between the processes. Every question I needed to determine where I was in the processes and know the difference in what ITTO that I could use! If you misidentified the process, you automatically had the wrong answer!

4 out 5 above target, by the way!

You have to follow the plan provided, follow the videos, you should incorporate other materials for perspective, do the practice tests (40-100 questions a day) every day for a month at least, know the ITTOs for the knowledge area and the flows between them - and the exam is yours!

Also, I love the ability to test at home. The distraction at the testing centers, the people, and 1/4 mile walk to the bathroom always messed with my head.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login