fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Lessons Learned

PMP Lessons Learned 3 years 8 months ago #22729

• Wayne Walsh
  • Wayne Walsh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I followed the program, created a study plan and planned to take the exam after 12 weeks. Used the video lessons while following along in the PMBOK first. I purchased two books, PM Master Prep book and Head First PMP. The two books helped me attain a level of deeper understanding and actually accelerated my learning curve.

** Please note: I took the test in 2017 after a bootcamp and reading Rita's book, I failed. I too the test again in 2018, read Rita's booka gain, read the PMBOK again, added an audiobook, and online practice tests, again. I failed, again.

PM PrepCasts guides, study plan, video series, practice tests, exam simulator(!!!!), and the additional books did it for me.

The big one to know, for me:
what does each process have in its ITTOs, what comes before and after that process (the flows), and the differences between the processes. Every question I needed to determine where I was in the processes and know the difference in what ITTO that I could use! If you misidentified the process, you automatically had the wrong answer!

4 out 5 above target, by the way!

You have to follow the plan provided, follow the videos, you should incorporate other materials for perspective, do the practice tests (40-100 questions a day) every day for a month at least, know the ITTOs for the knowledge area and the flows between them - and the exam is yours!

Also, I love the ability to test at home. The distraction at the testing centers, the people, and 1/4 mile walk to the bathroom always messed with my head.

PMP Lessons Learned 3 years 8 months ago #22748

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Wayne,

Congratulations on your achievement!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login