fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam today at 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam today at 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22591

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

There was no issue while I only had a few questions need online calculator and whiteboard.
3 years 7 months ago #22588

Ritu Bedmutha

Congratulations Pang Wai Chuen !!
Sounds like you gave the online exam. Is it a problem managing without the scratch paper, and a calculator?
3 years 7 months ago #22582

Sravanthi TNS, PMP

Congratulations Pang Wai Chuen on your success! And thanks for sharing your PMP preparation process and PMP test details with us. It really helps
for people like me who is yet to attend the test. I've the test in 2 weeks from now. And my Prepcast mock scores (attempted 6 so far) are in the range
75% to 80.5%. Yes I agree with you on the point that, it's a very good tool helping to fill the gaps in understanding some of the imp. concepts . On
this note I would like to ask you that , approximately for how many Qn.s in the test, that you could recollect the Prepcast mock test questions?
i.e how much relevance was observed. This is just for my understanding as I've exam with in few days and above is my score range.
Any advice will be of great help.
Thanks in advance.
3 years 8 months ago #22581

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

I made it after 3 months full time study effort. I passed the online exam in 29 Jul with AT/T/AT/BT/AT
Journey:

1. Exam application process, fill the online form in 28 April and got exam eligibility next day. Very smooth, not required audit.
2. Purchase PMP PrepCast online course and exam simulator at 3 May
3. Took 1 month to watch all PrepCast online video, made my own notes completed at 7 Jun
4. Read PMPBOK 6th 2 times
5. Done 1400+ questions from PrepCast through quizzes (timed mode) – 1st attempt around 71% at average in 5 weeks by studying those wrong/marked answers questions and refer back to PMBOK in 13 Jul
6. Schedule onsite exam but got cancel due to covid-19, reschedule online exam at 29 Jul
7. Done 5 PrepCast mock exam – 90.5%/90%/90.5%/85.5%/86% , dropping down the key notes before exam date 2 weeks.
8. Done around 175 questions of PMI free mock exam, very challenge mock exam since I did not complete all questions, I cannot tell the score but I guess I only had around 65-70%.
9. Get logon and done the pre-check-in process without any issue.
10. Complete first 89 questions using 117 mins, since I have a little behind my original planned schedule, I did not review my marked questions to ensure I have enough time to cover 2nd part.
11. Took around 5 mins break and come back to room.
12. I completed last question with only 50 seconds left so again no time to review any question even if I have marked.
13. A lot of change request, communication management, stakeholder engagement questions
14. A few EVM, critical path/float, questions – most of them did not need to use calculator but rather than testing the understanding of CPI/SPI/… concept.
15. Closing my eye and got Congratulations message.

It took me around 3 months to complete the whole journey and the key to pass the pmp exam is PrepCast Simulator which makes me understand the concept easily by reviewing the detailed explanation of each question.
Thank you very much PrepCast, you are doing the amazing work!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login