fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam with Above Target Band

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam with Above Target Band

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22562

Felix Kamanga, PMP

Hello Yekta,

Thank you for sharing your journey made of endeavour and perseverance that paid off at the end.

Congratulations!!
3 years 8 months ago #22553

Yekta

I'm very happy to share that I've passed my PMP Online Proctoring Exam with AT band. Here is story of my journey.
After completing 35 hours necessary course I found out that I need more materials and time to be ready for the exam.
Cause the topics and my experience didn't match for some points. For example, I have never been into the procurement process and it was very hard for me to cover all topics.
So I have started to the journey with reading PMBOK Guide but after couple of tries I did understand that it can be used only for reference. Then I purchased Rita's book and I had started to read chapters and then took the exams at the end of the each chapter.
After completing the Rita's book I enrolled to an online course on Udemy and I was watching videos when I was on the shuttle (to office to home). It helped me to understand and learn new terms .
After completing this course I retook Rita's exams and I understood that I wasn't ready to exam yet. It was hard to feel ready but I didn't want to waste my chance or energy one more time.
After that I enrolled Joseph Philips' PMP Exam Prep Seminar which helped and made me ready actually.
After the course I again took Rita's exams and almost all my scores were between %90-%95. I still had doubts and I enrolled to the PMP Exam Simulator and I took 5 exams everyday 8 in the morning and I got around %73 for all. But everyday after the exam I gave a break and turned backed to questions and read all questions and answers and tried to understand what I was missing. After checking, I retook the exam same day and tried to memorize the logic behind the questions. 10 days before real exam I started to take quizzes till I got %100 for each domain and knowledge areas.
The Exam Day:
The exam day, I woke up and had breakfast and prepared my computer and followed the steps to get questions' screen. After all is confirmed I started to the exam and answered the questions smoothly and I had 40 minutes left when I answered all questions. After checking my marked questions I completed the exam. Maybe it was the most excited moment of this journey and it was superb feeling seeing "Congratulations" on screen.
PS: During the online exam I didn't face any trouble and I took 10 minutes break after 89th question.
Cheers,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login