fbpx

Reply: Advice on PMP Prep

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Advice on PMP Prep

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22558

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

You are very welcome Viswa.

The PMP exam tests the application of the knowledge you have acquired. Passing the exams requires understanding the concept as opposed to cramming. Therefore reviewing your answers to the mock exams, in my opinion, is the most effective way of passing. It is quite boring to review 1 exam for 8 hours but just like in a competitive sport where athletes train for hours in the gym to horn their skills, so it is with the PMP.
3 years 8 months ago #22544

Viswa Kathir

Eric,
Nah, the above suggestions re truly worthy. I follow to an extent but I will follow religiously in upcoming mocks to improve my score.
Thank you so much for detailing it so well that makes to undersatnd well.

Regards,
Viswa
3 years 8 months ago #22543

Viswa Kathir

Thanks Moktar. I should start taking Prepcast simulators from tomo.
I have exactly two and half a week for my PMP exam.
3 years 8 months ago #22529

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Vishwa.

I can only speak for the PrepCast simulator exams as that is what I used to prepare for my exam. I'm not sure which mock exams you did but assuming you used the PrepCast simulator, an average score of 70% is still not good enough to pass the real PMP exam. This is what I would recommend that you do:-

1) Go back to the mock exams that you did and review the questions that you got wrong and UNDERSTAND why your answer was wrong and why the correct answer is correct.
2) On the mock exams you did, go through the questions that you had marked for review. (Hopefully, the mock exams you took had the mark for review feature, just like in the PMP simulator). A question that you marked for review means that you were unsure and you need to understand the concept better. This is regardless of whether you got the question right or wrong. If you got it right it might have been a lucky guess, you need more than luck for the real PMP exam.
3) Lastly, quickly go through the questions you got right.

# As a rule of thumb, it should take you twice as long to review a mock exam than the time it took you to do the test. I would also highly recommend that you use the timed mode whenever you do any mock exam as this primes you to be able to finish your real PMP exam in good time.

# The suggestions, I have listed above may seem tedious and boring but they are the best way to prepare for the PMP exam.

I hope this helps. I wish you the very best in your PMP exam.
3 years 8 months ago #22528

Moktar Hossain

I used Prepcast simulator. I sat for 4 complete mock test , score was 82.5% , 81.5%, 81.5% and 81.5% . But when I sat for PMi free 200 question test score was 62%. I have alredy completed PMP with above target. After this, If I give complex ranking PMi free taste question be 10, prepcast 8 and PMI original exam be 7.
3 years 8 months ago #22516

Vishwa

's Avatar

Seeking to Advise please!

I did went through PMBOK 2 times to understand the concepts and terminology and wrote a couple of mock exams with an average score of 70%
Today, wrote a mock from PMI and my score was 65% as everyone says, the PMI mock is vague and tougher than the original. Not sure, how true it is... But that's fine.
Can you help me with how to proceed with my preparation, please?

Regards,
Vishwa

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login