fbpx

Reply: Increase simulator Exam Scoring

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Increase simulator Exam Scoring

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22507

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Karthik,

I understand it may be hard to perform better when you don't have time to review the marked questions. I had a similar problem at the beginning: too many questions marked and no time to review them. When you mark a question, do you pick an answer, or do you leave it unanswered? I'd recommend not to leave any question unanswered, as unanswered questions would be counted as wrong anyway.
During my preparation, the possibility of reviewing questions helped me a lot, as sometimes I overlooked a "NOT" or which process group the question was focusing on and noticed it upon reviewing the question later on.

Did you find some questions harder than others to answer? E.g., situational questions vs. formula-based questions?
One thing that helped me, particularly with questions having a long scenario description, was to read the beginning to set the context and the question at the very end, to better direct my attention while reading the whole description. This approach may help you focus and hopefully take less time to understand what the question is about.
I'd also recommend this tutorial which guides you through the types of questions in the exam, providing tips and recommendations for each of them: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam-questions

One last thing: did you take the exam simulations always around the same time during the day? I used to take the exam sim in the afternoon; one day, I had a meeting at that time, so I decided to anticipate the exam simulation late in the morning. It was mind-blowing: my performance improved simply because I took the exam simulation earlier. I was much faster, while often in the afternoon, I could feel I was tired around 3 hours into the exam and found it very hard to get to the end of it. And I'm not saying you have to take the exam in the morning: this is entirely personal. I would just recommend - if you have the chance - to try to take some at different times and see when you feel better.

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22468

Karthik Karthik

HI
I seek your valuable suggestions for the below results obtained. It is observed that my scoring pattern is almost in the range of 71- 75 % on the 4 simulator exams . I want to increase my scoring in the range of 80 -85 % , however I need your help to increase my score based on the results pattern.
I have already read pmbok 5 times and I have analyzed the Prepcast exam simulator results questions also. On many of the questions i`m clear on the concepts and some how I still commit mistakes on that and the rest few I have learnt the concepts.
Also the 4 hrs are just sufficient enough to attempt all the questions , I don’t have sufficient time to review the marked questions.
Please suggest me your valuable inputs based on my scoring patterns so that I can increase my score and clear the exam

Domain Name Simulator Result 1 in % & Rating Simulator Result 2 in % & Rating Simulator Result 3 in % & Rating Simulator Result 4 in % & Rating
Initiating 73.08(T) 69.23(T) 57.69(BT) 76 ( AT)
Planning 71.74(T) 83.67(AT) 70(T) 71.15 (T)
Executing 82.81(AT) 70.97(T) 73.77(T) 71.43(T)
Monitoring
& Controlling 74.51(T) 75.51(AT) 79.17(AT) 63.46(BT)
Closing 38.46(NI) 64.29(BT) 80(AT) 86.67(AT)
Summary Result (overall) 74% 74.5% 72.5% 71 %
AT : Above Target, T: Target, BT:Below Target, NI: Needs Improvement
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login