fbpx

Reply: Need Guidance

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need Guidance

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22402

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Kenan,

I am sorry I would not be able to give you any specific recommendation on the PMI practice test, as I didn't have the opportunity to take it during my preparation.
However, based on what you mention about some similarities with the previous two exams, I think it wouldn't hurt. I understand it may be frustrating at times but I believe in the end it could be helpful for you to become more familiar with the way questions are formulated, if you find them closer to the real exam formulations in your past experience.

Meanwhile, if you have time, I would keep practicing the PrepCast exams to further improve your preparation.

Hope that helps,

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22400

Ken Rsh

Long story short, due to a poor study plan, I now have one more chance to pass the PMP. It doesn’t help that the format is changing next year.

I wanted to get feedback from those who have passed the exam. As of now, I have taken 5 simulations ranging from 75-82%. I have also studied Rita’s book and the PMBOK. I was reading forums, some recommended taking PMI’s practice test trying to improve as much as you can. Others said either to stay away or you don’t need to take it to pass. I gave it a try and unfortunately scored 67%. In my opinion, the exam was not productive. There was no timer, no option to mark questions for review, and no good explanations of incorrect/correct answers. I will say several of the question types and confusing style of wording matched questions from the previous two exams I didn’t pass.

What are everybody’s thoughts, should I keep taking PMI practice tests to try and improve or continue utilizing PrepCast exams and learning quizzes? I want to be 100% ready this time since it is the last chance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login