fbpx

Reply: passed pmp exam first time and here my lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : passed pmp exam first time and here my lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #22334

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats on passing your PMP exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned; these will be very helpful to people taking the online exam.
3 years 9 months ago #22333

Mamdouh

Here my experience and lessons learned from taking the PMP exam online:
1. I bought a new desktop computer for the purpose of taking the exam and that was the first problem I encountered. I advise the exam takers to be knowledgeable about their computers, so they don’t encounter the same problem I faced. I accidentally shut down the pc and have to log again to the exam page and of course you know the stress starts to build.
2. The second one is when you log, they ask you for your identification and the options given driving license or military card, In Saudi, we only use the national id for identification. The people who are taking the exam online in Saudi are advised to choose driving license but use their id card for taking photo in both sides.
3. taking a photo of myself and the ID card and you know someone is watching you (big brother) were building extra pressure on me and that time, I wished to take the exam on center.
4. To make the situation worse the air-conditioning which is located just above my head suddenly decided to change its fixed direction and started giving me hill. I requested the proctor to get up and switch off the ac but she said if you’re off camera, I will cancel the exam. I don’t want to shift my pc as I was scare that I shut down the page for the second time and have to log again (real terror situation) so I decided I have to take the abuse from the ac until the break and that’s what I did. Most of the questions are situational (if you are the project manager what will you do or what action you will take).
The project management pre-cast simulator was very helpful in preparing me for the type of questions which are similar to the PMP exam questions, specially the situational questions. Shout out to Cornelius Fichtner and his capable team for putting these questions which is a big help for me and for others who are aspiring to pass the PMP exam.
My advice is to take the exam on centers to relief yourself from stress and pressure like what if the internet slow down or cut off, or if you want to go to the bathroom anytime during the exam or take a break to drink some coffee or soft drinks, or some kids start screaming near your room while you are taking the exam, or someone from your family accidently opens the door on you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login