fbpx

Reply: Does the Project Control Officer hours count as hours for the PMP certification?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Does the Project Control Officer hours count as hours for the PMP certification?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #23312

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Harry!,
I wanted to say Thank you for your response and advise.
I contacted the PMI but they were not able to help me. They sent me a copy of what is on their website.
As PCO we can help with the finance and schedule follow up. I’m confused but I don’t know how to describe this in terms of the application.
Thank you again!!
Ana
3 years 9 months ago #22320

Harry Elston

Ana,

PMI is the ultimate arbiter of what counts and does not count as experience. My suggestion is to contact them for your question.

With respect to how to describe your role - there's not enough information for us to help. Most certainly, however, you will need to follow the suggested outline for the application, describing your various project roles in terms of the Initiating, Planning, etc.

Good luck!

Harry
3 years 9 months ago #22314

Ana Peña

's Avatar

Im working as PCO and was wondering if my hours count in order to apply for the PMP. Is the answer is yes could you please give me an example of how can I describe my involvement in the project.
Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login