fbpx

Reply: Readiness to take exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Readiness to take exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22234

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

Harry - thank you for your advice.

I will make time to complete the full mock exams to feel how stress of 4 hours test before the real exam is approaching. I assume 80%+ range is for first attempt questions of mock exam, i guess I will see most of those mock exam questions same as what I have done in quizzes, due to sharing the same pool. Right?

Regards
3 years 8 months ago #22233

Harry Elston

Pang,

First the standard disclaimer: Performance on the PrepCast Exam Simulator may not translate to performance on the exam.

There are plenty of posts on the forum that lead me to think that in order to be fully prepared for the exam, simulator scores should be in the 80%+ ranges. 60%-70% ranges indicate that you'll have a low probability of a pass on the PMP exam.

You should also prepare by taking full, 4-hour examinations. While the examinations draw from the pool questions, the full-exam will prepare you mentally for the stress that is induced by having a count-down clock displayed on the screen as well help build up mental stamina for the exam. Understand that a 4-hour, timed, professional examination is tiring both physically and mentally, and you will feel "drained" by the time it's over even in the best of settings.

Good luck.

Harry
3 years 8 months ago #22232

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

Hi,

I have done 1400+ exam questions from PreCast simulator through a no. of quizzes and around 200 ITTO type question left (ITTO unanswers before). Most of them are around 65% - 75% score both of by knowledge area and by domain) see attached score statistics. I have reviewed and studied those wrong/correct questions I have taken from those quizzes. Since the simulator exam questions are sharing the same pool of the questions of Quiz, I have not taken any Prepcast simulator exam.

Based on my quiz results, do you think I'm ready to take the real exam (which I have scheduled in this month end) or I still need to take a few simulator exam from PrepCast to assess the readiness? but it won't be a first attempt questions from the simulator exam since I should have seem them before during the quizzes already.

Thanks
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login