fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PrepCast practice tests

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22213

• Hemant Bhagwat
  • Hemant Bhagwat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Cornelius,

I am having frequent connectivity issues with my laptop. Will the prepcast practice exam end automatically after my internet connection drops? Will I be able to continue with the exam whenever I get back online? The Exam is around the corner and I can't wait to send my machine to the tech shop and wait for it to be fixed. Please advise.

Thanks,
Hemant

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22214

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello Hemant,

The simulator acts 100% like the real exam and you cannot pause an exam.

This means, that If your internet "dies" in the middle of an exam, then the exam clock will keep counting down in the background. Once your internet is back online, then you can go back into the same exam and select "continue". The system should take you right back to the last question you were on, but the time is "gone". So for example, if your internet was down for 5 minutes, then those 5 minutes are "gone".

Tip: If your internet goes down very frequently, then take Quizzes instead of full exams. (Click the link below Exam 8). Here you can select to answer only a short number of questions.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hemant Bhagwat

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22216

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Oh... one more thought:

Are you planning on taking your actual PMP exam from home using the online option that PMI now offers? If you do this and your internet goes down during your actual PMP exam, then PMI will automatically fail you.

So while the simulator allows you to continue (minus the "lost" time), PMI will end your exam as failed.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22218

• Hemant Bhagwat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Cornelius for your prompt response. I think it will be a good idea if you can add this issue to your FAQs or wherever you deem appropriate so if anyone else were to face the same issue, they'd be cognizant about it.

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22219

• Hemant Bhagwat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I will try to schedule for on-site if they are allowing on-site exams here in IL. Lately, a lot of test-takers are reporting issues with the online version. I am more comfortable with 45 cameras on top of my head rather than a proctor staring at me.

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22252

• Hemant Bhagwat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Conrnelius,

I took Exam 1 last night and tried to review it today. I clicked on it and the simulator restarted the exam instead of letting me review it. Is there any way I can get back to the results of my Exam 1?

Thanks,
Hemant

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22253

• Hemant Bhagwat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Never mind, I got it. So, should I continue with exam 2 or will I have to retake exam 1? Thanks
Last edit: by Hemant Bhagwat.

PrepCast practice tests 3 years 9 months ago #22276

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Hemant,

when I prepared for the PMP exam, I first took all the exams in the PMPrepCast Simulator, not necessarily following their order. For example, I took Exam 8 (ITTOs) before other exams, and some exams (including #8) I took more than once. I tried not to retake the same exam twice consecutively, to give my mind the opportunity to let all the info sit there for a while, before trying to recollect them when retaking the exam. If you retake an exam soon after the first time, you may get a biased result, because what you learned in the first place is still fresh in your memory, and you may get the right answer as some sort of 'automatic mechanism' which won't last long... If you take other exams in between, you could be more confident that, when retaking one exam, you will give thoughtful consideration in answering the questions, and that will be what you need in the real exam as well ;) At least, this is my experience.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hemant Bhagwat
Last edit: by Gabriella Dellino, PMP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login