fbpx

Reply: Question on multiple phase project.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question on multiple phase project.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22207

Harry Elston

From a practical standpoint, you want to capture Lessons Learned when they are learned, not only when the PMBOK says "Update lessons learned repository." However, from an EXAM perspective, follow the PMBOK guide.

Harry
3 years 8 months ago #22205

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Gabrielle,

Thanks for the response. I guess i was mixing lesson learned with Phase Gate that is done at the end of each phase, I will definitely note the difference.

Matilda
3 years 8 months ago #22196

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Matilda,

I would capture lessons learned throughout the project: remember that they can be useful at any time, not only at the end of the project or of one of its phases.
What I would do at the end of each phase only would be to transfer them to the 'lessons learned repository' - or whatever the company/organization calls it - to archive them and become part of the so-called OPAs.

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22195

Matilda Dosunmu

Hi there,
Just a quick question regarding project divided in multiple phases. would it be right to collect lesson learned periodically or at the end of each phase? can anyone give opinion

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login