fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP study prep

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22170

• Jody Bruce
  • Jody Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I am following your study guides i purchased from you and watching the videos along with reading the PMBOK book.

Should i purchase another study guide and use that to follow along with or are your study guide good to follow?

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22171

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Jody,

There are a lot of "Lessons Learned" from PMP test takers. Mine is here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...t-multiple-resources

Best of Luck!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jody Bruce

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22172

• Jody Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Harry,

Thank you i just read your lessons learned. Where did u find the questions that you are reviewing every day that you mentioned "10-50 questions per day (or so) in each Knowledge Area."

Thank you,
jody

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22173

• Harry Elston
Jody,

In the exam simulator, there are settings that you can select the number of questions (in batches of 10) and which knowledge area/process group you want the questions from. It's been a little while since I've looked at the simulator to tell you exactly where it is, but I know that it's there.

I'm speaking of the PrepCast Simulator, not the PMI practice test or any other exam simulator.

Harry
+++++

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22174

• Jody Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Harry,

Oh ok i see what you mean, question are you better off waiting until you finish all the material then start taking the exam questions of take some questions each day? I am afraid if you take some questions each day you will run out of questions and not be ably to use the exam simulator to take a full 4 hour exam

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22175

• Harry Elston
Jody,

I was not very familiar with the PMI Language so I started right away in the "circular study" fashion I had in my Lessons Learned post. At the beginning, I was terrible because I was learning the PMI vocabulary, but I improved pretty quickly. I would recommend starting right away, especially if you're familiar with the PMBOK and PMI's way of "doing business."

H
+++++

PMP study prep 3 years 9 months ago #22176

• Jody Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Harry,

Ok makes sense thank you!

Thank you,
jody
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login