Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP study prep

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22170

• Jody Bruce
  • Jody Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I am following your study guides i purchased from you and watching the videos along with reading the PMBOK book.

Should i purchase another study guide and use that to follow along with or are your study guide good to follow?

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22171

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 116
Jody,

There are a lot of "Lessons Learned" from PMP test takers. Mine is here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...t-multiple-resources

Best of Luck!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jody Bruce

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22172

• Jody Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Harry,

Thank you i just read your lessons learned. Where did u find the questions that you are reviewing every day that you mentioned "10-50 questions per day (or so) in each Knowledge Area."

Thank you,
jody

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22173

• Harry Elston
Jody,

In the exam simulator, there are settings that you can select the number of questions (in batches of 10) and which knowledge area/process group you want the questions from. It's been a little while since I've looked at the simulator to tell you exactly where it is, but I know that it's there.

I'm speaking of the PrepCast Simulator, not the PMI practice test or any other exam simulator.

Harry
+++++

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22174

• Jody Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Harry,

Oh ok i see what you mean, question are you better off waiting until you finish all the material then start taking the exam questions of take some questions each day? I am afraid if you take some questions each day you will run out of questions and not be ably to use the exam simulator to take a full 4 hour exam

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22175

• Harry Elston
Jody,

I was not very familiar with the PMI Language so I started right away in the "circular study" fashion I had in my Lessons Learned post. At the beginning, I was terrible because I was learning the PMI vocabulary, but I improved pretty quickly. I would recommend starting right away, especially if you're familiar with the PMBOK and PMI's way of "doing business."

H
+++++

PMP study prep 6 months 2 weeks ago #22176

• Jody Bruce
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Harry,

Ok makes sense thank you!

Thank you,
jody
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login