fbpx

Reply: PMP Online test - Looking for ways to help improve concentration for the 4 hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Online test - Looking for ways to help improve concentration for the 4 hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22179

Ken Rsh

Berta, I took the exam online couple months ago: You are not allowed to stand up or leave your seat once you start and after your break is over. I had to use the bathroom really bad the second half but the proctor still wouldn't let me leave so keep that in mind. One thing I was doing during the mock exams was taking deep breaths and stretching (neck, feet, hands etc.) without standing up. That definitely helped
3 years 8 months ago #22122

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Berta,

I also experienced similar problems during my mock exams. One thing that radically changed my concentration was the time of the day I was doing the exam simulation. As I know I tend to be less energetic early in the morning, and having to reserve a 4-hour slot for the full exam, I usually put the mock exam on my agenda in the afternoon. One day, I had a meeting in the afternoon so I had to anticipate the simulation in the (late) morning. It made such a huge different to me! No tiredness, no sleepiness: I performed much better! Maybe you can play a bit with that - if your schedule allows - and find what suits you best.

As for the other questions, I highly recommend to contact PearsonVUE to check with them - as they are the most entitled to answer them.
I can only share my experience here:

1. I read from the requirements that drinking was not allowed during the exam, so I prepared accordingly, trying to be hydrated enough before starting the exam, and be okay (just) until the break. You may ask Pearson VUE, or even your proctor, if you can't reach out to them before the exam (I know you may experienced longer waiting times than usual).

2. I'd say it may depend on how you do it... one thing I tended to do pretty unconsciously and yet helped my concentration was to read the questions aloud. As this is not allowed in the real exam, I adjusted my preparation accordingly: it wasn't easy, but as you train for it you get used to eventually.

3. I don't think you are allowed to get up even without leaving the screen view... no idea about the breathing though, so I would definitely ask PearsonVUE and/or your proctor at the latest.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your exam.

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22118

Maged VF Hassanain

Hello,
I have the online test scheduled for this coming Friday.
I have done 4 simulator tests getting 87, 83 and 88 %, and in all I had 10-15 min left.
Yesterday, I did the 4th one and I had 77%. All the way through I was having back pain, sleepiness, and often needed to read the questions 3- 4 times, had 26 seconds left and I ended extremely tired.
When I look at the wrong answers it is obvious I had several concentration problems because I really know many of the answers very well.

I have searched in the forum for lessons learnt and either I am using the wrong keyword or it is simply not there.
So maybe some of the moderators can help giving me the link to the correct thread.

I want to know a few things that can help me prepare my environment so I take the next mocks in better conditions that promote proper concentration, and hopefully improve each time.
Here they are:

1. I have seen that water is not allowed in the desk, at all. Is this correct?
I am finding conflicting information about this.
I have heard in other proctored exams that a clear bottle with label removed is ok. Maybe just a clear glass.
I want to time drinking to start in hour number 2 and the start of hour number 4, so I don't feel dehydrated, but still don't fill my bladder too early either. I think like that it will match with the 10 min break.

2. Is it allowed to touch our face/ forehead?
I do this rather unconsciously, but I have seen other places that it is not allowed, and yesterday when I was trying to avoid it it was an extra point to think about.

3. Is it allowed to take breaks in the middle without leaving the screen view for the person monitoring?
I am thinking getting up and stretching my legs by the chair, or maybe simply close the eyes and do short breathing exercises.
Maybe one of those every 30 - 40 questions.

Thanks
Berta

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login