fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMI Free Practice Exam, similar?

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22116

• CE123
  • CE123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've been scoring decently well using the Prepcast questions, 75%-85%. Gave the free PMI Free Practice exam a try today, and I'm doing horribly. How close is the real exam to the prepcast one vs the free trial one PMi is offering, I know that one is suppose to be old question. Really shaking my confidence. Thanks!

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22121

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi,

based on my experience I found questions in the real exam very similar to those from the PMPrepCast Exam Simulator, in terms of wording and scenario description. Sometimes I did find questions in the real exam a bit more difficult, for the most part because I was quite anxious, but also because I was expected to adopt a somewhat different perspective in evaluating the proposed scenario.
Nevertheless, I passed the exam AT, so I am pretty sure the mindset I learned to have in my preparation with the PMPrepCast worked even though I got disoriented by some of the questions.

Hope that helps!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22125

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Anon,

I never took the free exam from PMI but like Gabriella below, I found the PrepCast Exam Simulator to be spot on in terms of wording and presentation.

Good luck.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22127

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
I took both and I'll put it this way. In terms of exam difficulty on a scale from 0 - 10 I would say PrepCast was a 5, the actual exam was a 7, and the PMI practice exam was a 10. The actual exam is definitely closer to PrepCast in terms of difficulty, but the wording of the questions more closely aligns with the PMI Practice Test. I would say take the PMI Practice test and do 50 questions or so to familiarize yourself with the wording - but the exam will not be that difficult.

For reference I averaged 87% on PrepCast and the first time I wrote the PMI Practice Exam I scored 76.5%. On the actual exam I got 5 x AT.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Lee, Bryan Li

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22128

• S. Murad Ali
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I can't seem to find the PMI practice exam that is being referenced here. I look around at PMI.org, but can't find it.

Can you please point me where I can find it. Thank you!
Last edit: by S. Murad Ali.

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22142

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I tried to look for it, as I remember I saw this resource somewhere on the website, but I couldn't find the link either... I'm confident Kyle will be able to help!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22147

• Harmeet Chopra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
If you email PMI they can help ordering it for you by providing the link.

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22149

• Naveen Sivaraj
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Please find the below link to access the PMI Sample Exam... Hope this helps you...

www.pmi.org/shop/p-/elearning/pmp%C2%AE-practice-exam/16202
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22185

• Diana Lambrianou
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been studying for the exam for the last 5 weeks, 2 hours a night during the week and 4-5 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday I discovered the link for the PMI practice exam. I think I got to question 50 when I broke down in tears. I was getting so many wrong and I felt that all my studying was for nothing. I pushed through the exam and finished with a 61% which is not as bad as I thought I would do. I thought I'd get 40%. The exam is hard and they trick you a lot which is extremely frustrating. I did not feel comfortable at all with the questions - most of them I just felt I was guessing. My exam is in 5 days and I am beyond stressed. I attempted to take this exam 5 years ago and failed all three times. This will be my 4th attempt. I'm feeling so defeated right now.

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 9 months ago #22203

• Mohammad Rasel Kabir
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is this free simulation for for Indians only ? I contracted pmi. Surprisingly , they have answered me that this test is for only Indians. Still I can not believe . How pmi is unethical ?Does anybody knows the details about who is eligible to take the free simulation test offered by PMI?
Last edit: by Mohammad Rasel Kabir.

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 4 months ago #24744

• Rodolph R Khalil
  • Rodolph R Khalil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How did you do? because im so frustrated with this exam!!

PMI Free Practice Exam, similar? 3 years 4 months ago #24906

• Sue Krolo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Diana. I am feeling the same as you. I feel so frustrated as I have invested the time but can’t get it right when working through the exam questions. I have done over 500 and still can’t get over 70. If you hAve a solution please advise. Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login