fbpx

Reply: Need Help - Practice Exams scores are low...

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need Help - Practice Exams scores are low...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #22093

Harry Elston

Anthony,

My very first suggestion is that you absolutely MUST set aside your 15 years of project management experience. Why? The PMP exam is solely based on how PMI would answer the questions based on the PMBOK. Do not answer questions on how you would perform in any given scenario. Therefore you must understand the PMBOK guide and its application to project management.

Next, find the areas you are weak in. Do this by taking quizzes in either the knowledge areas or process groups. You can also analyze the tests your took. Use 20-50 question quizzes and make sure you go though every question in the simulator. Find what's weak, go through the PrepCast and PMBOK in those areas and see if your scores improve with time.

You have plenty of time to hit peak understanding. Go for it.

Harry
3 years 9 months ago #22092

Anthony Sadowski

I have taken 4 practice exams and received a 70%, 70%, 67% and 67% respectively. I have studied (and work full time) for the past 3 months. I have 15+ years experience in PM. Looking for guidance or assistance on how to increase my exam scores, retain information, etc...

Any help is appreciated - my PMI exam is scheduled for August 15th.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login